3rd Person POV

Aloha gents & ladies,

Just a thought that crossed through my mind, any word on a third person point of view? Maybe even a mod down the road? The SOCOM mod still has quite the following and the server does get activity. It's a nice refresh from the first person POV aspect. Any info/thoughts from the community?

I highly doubt there will be any 3rd Person POV since that goes directly against any aspect of realism in this game. After all, the game is built on a realistic risk-reward system, you have to risk poking your head out and getting shot in order to gain any knowledge on enemy positions. Now I haven't heard of the SOCOM mod, but I'll assume it's a mod for insurgency; if so, then I guess you have at least some hope from the community for a mod.

Hi there,

This isn't something that's currently planned.

@cream-cheese said in 3rd Person POV:

I highly doubt there will be any 3rd Person POV since that goes directly against any aspect of realism in this game. After all, the game is built on a realistic risk-reward system, you have to risk poking your head out and getting shot in order to gain any knowledge on enemy positions. Now I haven't heard of the SOCOM mod, but I'll assume it's a mod for insurgency; if so, then I guess you have at least some hope from the community for a mod.

Makes sense. Maybe sometime down the road. Don't get me wrong, just having the game released will be satisfying.

@iyagovos said in 3rd Person POV:

Hi there,

This isn't something that's currently planned.

Appreciate the response!

Yeahh, I feel ya. It was just a quick thought. It's fun to get out of 1st once an awhile.

I hope so, also i was playing in 3rd person due to a glitch in the alpha, browsing too quick in the loadout menu and made me spawn in it.

@vengefulmosquito Speaking of alpha iv never played in the alpha if there were vehicles in it how fluent do the drive and how are the reloading mechanics.

This post is deleted!

Myself and about a hundred people I know cannot play any 1st person shooters due to nausea and puking even though I still suffer from PTSD from Sony firing Jeff and Zipper , a large group of folks I know can only play 3rd person shooters

@iyagovos can you at least attempt it for those who cannot play 1st person without puking? thanks