Correct respawns pls

I noticed there were 2 main problems in Technomancer that players complained about - backtracking and constant respawns. Greedfall should have fast travel so I assume that backtracking wont be an issue here.

So lets go to respawns. Dear devs, pls will you correct this ïssue in Greedfall?

I know a lot of RPG fans who were more or less disappointed by Technomancer because of constant respawns and will be much more intested in Greedfall if you correct this problem. Its very tedious and boring and you have feeling like you achieved nothing (no impact on the world) when every enemy quickly respawns again. This is not MMO. There could be some places where respawns make sense like guards in town (there are more soldiers than those you see on streets) or some big lair of beasts, but pls dont do respawns everywhere.

last edited by Farflame

Is this really an issue? Nearly every RPG I've played has had respawning enemies.

Yes, it is. Its dealbreaker for some fans.

last edited by Farflame

yeah the enemies respawning is a huge issue mainly because the enemies level with you so you never get to just run past them and ignore them like you can in a lot of other games. They will most likely kill you if you ignore them. So when you have to return to the same area 5 times for quests (and that's a modest number in act 3 where you have to return to highly guarded areas quite often) then you will have to fight the same 5 or 6 groups of enemies over and over again. It's not hard necessarily but it is a huge waste of time-especially when you stop getting any benefits from leveling after a certain point.

last edited by Lee80

the enemies respawning is a huge issue mainly because the enemies level with you

Are you sure about level scaling? In Bound By Flame all enemies are hand placed and jump in difficulty significantly only when advancing story chapters/locations. I'm not 100% sure on Technomancer, but I think it was handled the same way there also.

last edited by havox

@havox I thought this was the case too. I never felt like enemies were growing stronger as I was, just along with the plot.

@havox said in Correct respawns pls:

Are you sure about level scaling? In Bound By Flame all enemies are hand placed and jump in difficulty significantly only when advancing story chapters/locations.

It doesnt matter that much. Main problem is hard respawning of everything together with a lot backtracking - that is bad design IMHO and big NO for many SP RPG fans. I hope it will be lesser problem in Greedfall because of bigger world and fast travel system.

In Technomancer, enemy respawn too quickly. I hope Greedfall will not use the same mechanic.

@ben-kenobi said in Correct respawns pls:

In Technomancer, enemy respawn too quickly. I hope Greedfall will not use the same mechanic.

Agreed. Thats what I meant.