• 8x8's Suggestions •

Hello, I'm 8x8 and I have a few suggestions for Spintires: MudRunner which I think will make the game even better!

Unlockable Upgrades:
I think it would be better that you'd have to unlock upgrades, than just having everything from the start.
I think this would be the best way to do that:
To unlock upgrades like bull-bars and additional lights, maybe you'd have to deliver packages/containers to maybe warehouses,
as in the Spintires Intel Level Up 2011 demo, and for each package you get 2 store points and, say, a bull-bar costs 4 store points, so you'd have to deliver two packages to get it.

Paint Jobs:
I think it would improve the game greatly if the vehicles were paintable. I've had this idea how you could unlock Paint Jobs:
There are multiple paint cans hidden in each map, and once you've collected it, you can choose that paint job when next visiting the garage.

Visually Realistic Winch:
In Spintires, the winch doesn't look realistic. It's a 2D sprite. Even in MudRunner, it hasn't changed. The MAZ-537 and MAZ-535 even have a great looking winch wound around the front bumper, but it just doesn't look good if a 2D sprite comes out of the winch points. I would be most grateful if they'd replace the 2D winch with a realistic 3D model.

AFV (Away From Vehicle) Mode:
I'd find it great if you could also exit the vehicles, and walk around the map, and maybe hop into/onto another players vehicle. If your UAZ is stuck on a hill, you'd also be able to push it. In order not to make 'scouting' (discovering watchpoints) very easy, you could just prevent the player to walk through bushes.

macOS Support:
Please, please, please add macOS support for MudRunner. I understand that you haven't put it into Spintires, because you didn't reach the last kickstarter goal, but from all the money you have made from Spintires and, now, also from Spintires: MudRunner, I think you should really support macOS. Although I play Spintires, and, if I had MudRunner, I would also play that on macOS via Porting Kit, I think macOS support would be great for you because of enlarged community, and for the people who purchase it, who don't know of Porting Kit.

Hope you enjoyed reading this, and be sure to tell me your thoughts on what I've suggested!

Edit: Added three suggestions

last edited by 8x8

Welcome!

It seems like you have some good ideas there. Not sure how the customisation would work regarding multiplayer - would the other players be able to see your new bull bars, extra spot lights different tyres etc? (no idea myself how much work that would take to implement). Different paintjobs - that would be cool. Other delivery jobs and not just logging also sounds like fun.

Thanks!
The other players really should see your new accessories, otherwise it'll be quite weird. Maybe they don't need to be visible for the other players when they first implement it, but they should patch it relatively soon.

I don't know if these issues I have with Spintires Multiplayer were fixed in Mudrunner (because I haven't got it yet), but here they are anyway:

• Lights synchronisation. The lights aren't synchronised via Multiplayer, and the
headlights of the other player are always displayed as off, although they're not
always off.
• Horn synchronisation. The horn is almost all the time delayed on the other
computer, and sometimes it doesn't even play.
• Sound synchronisation. The engine sounds emitted by another player aren't ever
played. The other players are always silent, except from the horn.

That's all the flaws I've found in Spintires MP. Hopefully they are/will be fixed in Mudrunner. 😔 Thanks for the feedback though, I appreciate it! 😊

@8x8
None of the above. We all (mostly) use SpinTiresMod (STMod, Mudrunner Plus, depends on who u ask lol) to sync at least the lights in MP...

Ah. If that fixes it, good! ☺
Also, I forgot that the smoke fumes are also not synchronised in Spintires.

I added three suggestions!

last edited by 8x8

anyone here play mudrunner on mac?

@8x8 Horn is synced, but delayed with exact time of player's ping to you.

@jvanegas1 said in • 8x8's Suggestions •:

I kept trying to but never had good luck with my PS3 controller in Wine. Finally I gave up and just bought it for PS4. Except for not having mods the PS4 version is great! I would really like it if they did port it to Mac, I would love to try out some of the other maps.

i am running it on mac. i use the porting kit

I tried with the wrapper I used for Spintires, but that crashes pretty often, and with Multiplayer it crashes all the time, and when I tried it with the official MudRunner wrapper, but there it was fullscreen but with the menu bar visible. I then tried to toggle fullscreen/switch the resolution and then back again for it to work (switching resolution works on 18 WOS Extreme Trucker 2 wrapper), but when I did that, the screen went black. I tried to quit it and start it again, but the game just doesn't come anymore. It's just black, you can only hear the sounds, but you can't see anything. I'm just now trying to install it again.

Edit: tried it, and cursor not always displaying (making it unplayable).

Did you also had that problem, jvanegas1, and if yes, what did you do about it?
Thanks!

last edited by 8x8

@8x8 yes i did have the problem with the cursor but what i did was just go the the bottom of the screen of my mac to where the apps bar would pop up and open another app and then go back to mud runner and the cursor would be back. hope that makes sense. as for the screen being blank and hearing it, when you select your trucks try leaving at least one truck thats certified.

@8x8 i was just wondering if anyone found a way to download mods from web sites and install them while using a mac

@jvanegas1 Thanks for the info, I'll try it!
And also, about non-workshop mod, I have, yet only for the first Spintires. I've followed SirJambon's guide. The mods I have for Spintires that aren't from the workshop, is the Peterbilt 281 'Duel', and some maps. I only have workshop mods for MudRunner, as of now.

last edited by 8x8

@8x8 but you also play this game on mac? did you download 7zip for windows?

@8x8 but you also play this game on mac? did you download 7zip for windows?

Don't know what you mean by that... I use PaulTheTall's Porting Kit on macOS to run Windows games.

@8x8 well i watched that video link you put. he used 7zip. what did you use to add the maps to regular spintires? i use that porting kit too. id like to know how to put maps on spintires the original

@8x8 well i watched that video link you put. he used 7zip. what did you use to add the maps to regular spintires? i use that porting kit too. id like to know how to put maps on spintires the original

For opening .7z files I use an app called Smart Unarchiver, and when downloading a map, I just put the .dds and .stg files in here (inside the wrapper app):

Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Spintires/Media/levels

And if there are more files, I just follow the readme.

Maps I highly suggest you try out:
Road Construction
Abandoned Farm
Autumn Map/Gluhov
Hope you enjoy them!