Please remove glowing trucks

Since I see that devs are reacting to the input of gamers, I decided to register and create this topic.

Please remove the glow of other player's trucks in MP.

Also other less significant adjustment that I would like:

• Remove glowing flowers
  • Remove heat haze effect from horn
  • Decrease the amount of heat haze from exhaust and engine it should be more subtle. (Yesterday I was playing stalker CoC and I just love how the graphics are not oversaturated no excessive effect, just looks so good. I think spin tires shoudl be the same).
  • Would be nice to have smarter solution for diff locks. (if it cannot be done realistically, maybe it could be solved some other way).

If u agree, please reply so that devs would know that enough players are interested in this.

I agree with the multiplayer glow
I agree with the flowers

I never use the horn.... Disagree
I disagree with the exhaust comment
diff locks seem to be fine to me, but I never play "hardcore"

Glowing flower is because pavel is fan of Avatar 😃

But i agree for remove glowing trucks !

Yeah, the only one on this list I care about is the trucks. Ideally, I'd love to see every truck and trailer for each player rendered in full and interactable (ie., you can't drive through them, and you can winch them when the player isn't in them), instead of just the current truck. Feasible? Don't know. But that's what I'd like to see.

Agree on the truck glow and the diffs.

@kourtjestr said in Please remove glowing trucks:

Yeah, the only one on this list I care about is the trucks. Ideally, I'd love to see every truck and trailer for each player rendered in full and interactable (ie., you can't drive through them, and you can winch them when the player isn't in them), instead of just the current truck. Feasible? Don't know. But that's what I'd like to see.

Completely agree with this. I want this to work.

@RoughRider Isn't this similar problem as mud/sound/light/whatever else sync in MP?
But I agree, I'll love to see ALL trucks of other player(s) and when we meet each other, I want one of them (us) have to pull over and make room for other, rather then just switch to other truck and wait until others'll pass...
Parked truck HAS to be an obstacle, not just information!

I wouldn't think trucks and trailers would be all that hard. They're not moving. You only have to pass an update on each truck when someone gets INTO it. And then it just becomes the new active truck, so it's not an increase in what is being passed. Treating a stationary object as a stationary object just shouldn't be harder than having rocks or buildings on the map. When the truck isn't running, there is no exhaust, no lights, no nothing. Just a truck....

at the very least it would be nice to be able to toggle all of these features.

i figure majority rules, but i would hate to see the Chernobyl Flowers go. gives a nice change to the usual dull plant life.

Personally, I love S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game(s) so maybe some anomalies could be added in here? 🙂

@Sodoma said in Please remove glowing trucks:

Personally, I love S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game(s) so maybe some anomalies could be added in here? 🙂

I see no reason to move away from a really nice simulator. Let's get the game polished and finished before we worry about odd stuff like this.

Hey, despite of the fact I really like those games, that supposed to be a joke. Ok, nevemind.
But speaking of that, that look (old rusty soviet era vehicles, colapsed buildings, etc) suits to this game a lot and I hope dev-team will keep that approach.
Actually, modders added some buildings and objects from those games a they look magnificent in here...

@Sodoma The mud syncing is a totally different ball game than the trucks. It's the way the engine is built. Honestly nothing is impossible though, it's just weighing the priorities.

@RoughRider I think in a principle its basically same. Informations have to be shared, doesn't matter if we are speaking about truck(s), mud(s),light(s), sound(s) etc(s). Only difference is probably in amount of those informations. There will be just several trucks and most the time, just two (in case of two players) will move and those are synced already. Rest is stationar therefore no info to be shared.
But mud is different question. Mud is changeing constantly all the time while you and your buddies are playing. There is constant flow of new infos to share and as a cherry on the top: there is ONE mud for entire map, so each of players is constantly changeing the very same thing as each other.
Well, ok, I let myself be carried away a little bit, so please, correct my personal imagination of whole thing if I'm wrong

I agree with you haha, but the engine designer didn't ever plan on pushing that much information. I think that if enough people request it, it could very well happen.

@RoughRider Definitely full-sync for MP is something I really love to see, but so far there is no reason for optimism in this case.
One set of shared trucks, sync of not "just" mud, sound, light, but entire enviroment - when I go thru small trees, you should be able to see that passage.
Oh god, I need cold shower now... 🙂

Hello,

Any possibility to add into fuel tanks and cistern - partitions? This has to be there, otherwise when fuel will start drag from one side to other, it can cause to flip over what ever thing with it.

Anyway. Glowing flowers are not that anoying like that heat effect from horn. Also, nice think - when you want to switch diff lock or all whell drive, you should stop before activating it at least in harcore.

Thank you!

I totally agree with topicstarter. All these glowing and horns and heat makes the game look ridiculous.

Yes, definitly supporting this one. The multiplayer glow effect is very inmersion-killer