Brand New Modder - Few Questions

Hi, I just started created my first level last night after watching a couple tutorials on YouTube. I've run into a couple questions I'm hoping the experienced folks on this forum can help with:

1. I created a couple mods as I was following along that are now orphaned and I want to get rid of them to clean up my workspace but I can't seem to find a way to delete the mods once they've been added. Am I missing something?
  2. The mods in the file list on the left say "No Title", is there a properties window someone (or something similar) I should be using to provide a title?
  3. One of the videos I watched said that terrains I add should be named level_XXXX but the official guide PDF didn't mention that. Is that a requirement?
  4. when I go into the proving grounds in game and click the "Levels" button the dialog mentioned shows up but it is empty, my mods do not show up there. Is there a step I'm missing to expose that?

Thanks!

@notgiven

1- on steam go to your Workshop and open you desired Mod/Map and click on delete, once you delete it from steam you can delete it from the _Mod folder of your editor
2 - the tittle is added once you click on Publish or you edit the tittle in your Mod page in the workshop on steam

3 - The guide isnt the best but yeah level_MapName

4 - did you did the path thing on the editor?

@forces said in Brand New Modder - Few Questions:

@notgiven

1- on steam go to your Workshop and open you desired Mod/Map and click on delete, once you delete it from steam you can delete it from the _Mod folder of your editor
2 - the tittle is added once you click on Publish or you edit the tittle in your Mod page in the workshop on steam

3 - The guide isnt the best but yeah level_MapName

4 - did you did the path thing on the editor?

Thank you, this helps a lot. With regards to number 4, do you mean settings and inputting the path to the game? Yes, I did do that.

I have one through three worked out now. I can't get number four to work though. I've totally uninstalled and reinstalled both the game and the editor now but when I go into Proving Grounds (from the main menu in game I select Single Player and then Proving Grounds) and I click the Levels... button in the Dev Controls window/menu in the upper right it brings up a dialog box where I would expect to see my level but it is completely empty. Am I missing some other prerequisite to make that work?

In the editor I created a mod, then right clicked it and selected New Terrain and named it level_testing. It's dead simple, all I did was add a garage, fuel, and a single truck. I right clicked the terrain and selected Rebuild Terrain and then saved. I can see it in my workshop in Steam. It doesn't show up at all in the proving grounds in game though. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for your continued help!

last edited by notgiven

It doesn't work. Never has. Just rename the .dds and .stg files to "game_proving" and manually install them. Manually install any non-stock assets used too(if required). If it still wants to load the normal proving grounds, rename those .dds and .stg files so the game can't find them.

@mudhappy said in Brand New Modder - Few Questions:

It doesn't work. Never has. Just rename the .dds and .stg files to "game_proving" and manually install them. Manually install any non-stock assets used too(if required). If it still wants to load the normal proving grounds, rename those .dds and .stg files so the game can't find them.

Well that explains why I couldn't make it work. I thought I was losing my mind.

Focus, if you read this stuff looks like you have a bug, the functionality on page 44 of your user guide doesn't work.