As much as I love the game and Developers...

Hey guys, as much as the game is awesome and the developers have been really cool, I've noticed it has been extremely quiet in here. @Iyagovos can i ask a serious question, when i click your profile, I see what you've been posting and where, and the ratio of responding/ posting in mudrunner to other games is 100:1, you guys announced over the past few months that Mudrunner USA is in progress. Well, can we get an update on whats going on? maybe a picture or two, or maybe a current list of vehicles, or something man.

Or I know alot of people have asked, is there going to be an update to the new vehicle D-538 with the power issue? People have gone into your game files and figured out the torque setting is set to 120,000 when it should be 220,000, and It was staed that the crane has been updated to be stronger, I use the crane alot and it feels exactly the same, i would like to know WHAT was changed please.

I totally understand you guys have ALOT going on, but its been a bit too quiet now

last edited by 1967deuce

I agree. The game's awesome but this forum is deader than a door nail. I also hope they fix the automatic downshifting issue, and haven't heard an update on that in many days.

To the developers, do you guys want a donation to make Mudrunner VIP Priority? I have no problem doing so, maybe is this the issue that we have not heard anything?

It's also possible that some devs and forum moderators are on summer vacations. I sure hope they fix the major bugs soon.

@unster said in As much as I love the game and Developers...:

It's also possible that some devs and forum moderators are on summer vacations. I sure hope they fix the major bugs soon.

Hey, that may be true, but It cant be that they ALL went on vacation at the same tme

I assume this past week they were out at E3. In addition both the Publisher and Developer have numerous other games in play right now.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m super excited for updates too, but I think we’re going to have to be patient on this one.

Hey there,

Sorry that it appears that I'm posting too much in other games at the moment - the truth is, Vampyr released only two weeks ago, and there is a lot of support and community management that needs to be done when a game releases.

This, in conjunction with E3, means that my focus has been on other games most recently.

With regards to more information, I mentioned in the most recent community update that there wasn't likely to be any news for the next month or so, and so that updates from me with MudRunner specifically may be limited.

I can say that we are currently working on something, and that I do plan to have news for you in the semi-near future, but at the moment, I don't have a whole lot more to say on what is going on with MudRunner.

With regards to the crane issue, I'll push it forwards to the team again, but they're rather busy at the moment working on the future of the game.

last edited by Iyagovos

they did make the crane stronger,

before you could barley pic up a rock. now its a really easy to pick rocks up and load them in the truck,

they also may some changes to the auto tranny, it seems better but not perfect. i many use the low and high gears.

@iyagovos said in As much as I love the game and Developers...:

Hey there,

Sorry that it appears that I'm posting too much in other games at the moment - the truth is, Vampyr released only two weeks ago, and there is a lot of support and community management that needs to be done when a game releases.

This, in conjunction with E3, means that my focus has been on other games most recently.

With regards to more information, I mentioned in the most recent community update that there wasn't likely to be any news for the next month or so, and so that updates from me with MudRunner specifically may be limited.

I can say that we are currently working on something, and that I do plan to have news for you in the semi-near future, but at the moment, I don't have a whole lot more to say on what is going on with MudRunner.

With regards to the crane issue, I'll push it forwards to the team again, but they're rather busy at the moment working on the future of the game.

Good morning @Iyagovos , I appreciate you getting back to me, please understand i am not angry with you guys, just been really quiet. Glad to hear things are still in progress. Thats fine about the crane thing, its not a huge deal, was just trying to get an update on whats going on. Also, has the team mentioned anything about the D-538's low power issue?

Not to my knowledge, though I'll be sure to chase them again today 🙂

And please inquire about the automatic. It shouldn't downshift all the way to first gear every time the truck slows down a bit. It really kills your momentum.

Regarding the D-538 I'm not sure what the correct torque should be (220 may be too much in terms of game balance, for example compared to the K-700), but I also think it could use some more power. It's really weak for towing or going over rocks.

last edited by Unster

And please inquire about the automatic. It shouldn't downshift all the way to first gear every time the truck slows down a bit. It really kills your momentum.

Regarding the D-538 I'm not sure what the correct torque should be (220 may be too much in terms of game balance, for example compared to the K-700), but I also think it could use some more power. It's really weak for towing or going over rocks.

well the D-538 is a big sonofab with a giant engine, so it should be able to pull big loads up a 45 degree incline, but as of now it cant go past a 20 degree incline. and the wheels dont spin, maybe they should edit it so its not always on diff lock

@1967deuce
I like the diff lock, and I don't need the wheels to spin. I think what we need is for this vehicle to be powerful enough to justify the 4-star rating and make it more useful.

I did some experimenting with the D-538's torque and my personal opinion is that to keep it balanced with the K-700, the torque should be about 150 (current is 120). The K-700's torque is 140 but it's noticeably lighter which would still give it a better torque to mass ratio, but since its loader is inferior it's only fair. I tested the D-538 on the Proving Grounds and with a torque of 150 it was able to pull a loaded medium log cart up that steep hill but it wasn't overpowered in any way.

last edited by Unster

I did some experimenting with the D-538's torque and my personal opinion is that to keep it balanced with the K-700, the torque should be about 150 (current is 120). The K-700's torque is 140 but it's noticeably lighter which would still give it a better torque to mass ratio, but since its loader is inferior it's only fair. I tested the D-538 on the Proving Grounds and with a torque of 150 it was able to pull a loaded medium log cart up that steep hill but it wasn't overpowered in any way.

Alright! Great job @Unster the wheels turning slow is ok I’m fine with that. (Steering) since you are able to do so, what is the maximum torque rating? Why would happen if you turned it all the way up?

@1967deuce
I don't know that there is a maximum torque (it's a value in an xml file). I'm pretty sure you could turn it way up into a beast, but that would essentially break the game balance, so I don't see the point.

@1967deuce
I don't know that there is a maximum torque (it's a value in an xml file). I'm pretty sure you could turn it way up into a beast, but that would essentially break the game balance, so I don't see the point.

to me, the point would be to have a hillclimbing beast, say if the torque was maxed out on the 2 star vehicles.

Keep in mind, all the vehicles in the vanilla game represent power values when stock, but many diesel trucks can be turned up by adjusting fuel timing, as well as gasoline vehicles, timing can be advanced to a point to make more power.

I would just like to see a b-131 screaming up a hill in high range

I think 220 was suspected as the right figure because it matches one of the other D class vehicles, and they have the same engine in real life.

I've changed mine to 220 and I don't think it's too OP. I don't really directly compare it to a K-700, more like a cross between a D and a K with positives and negatives from both.

@1967deuce
Sure engines can be tuned, but at least in real life it's usually at the expense of fuel economy and/or engine longevity. I don't know if that's reflected in this game. I wouldn't mind having upgraded versions of some trucks at higher star ratings, but the devs should definitely keep the stock ones.