Digital X's Workbench.

Well for one for some my whole post didn't show up and I wasn't critizing anyone or anything... Actually u know FUCK it I don't need to explain myself I just give up anymore...…….

What? I'm lost.

Probably best to drop the sites aforementioned I'd rather this thread stayed open.

last edited by Digital X

Anyways, I'm making some stone walls for a change. Haven't seen many of those about in levels.

@tattoo said in Digital X's Workbench.:

Personally, I don't care. That just means more downloads from more people and more people using my mods.

finally, a reasonable person

Got a nicely Unwrapped concrete block but when applying the cdt it goes black.

Using rockplacement gen on 3DS Max. Any ideas...?

I can do it without but making a whole wall is a bit harder.

last edited by Digital X

collapse the stack before adding the cdt maybe? how exactly are you "applying" a cdt?

On the Modifier list? and CTRL V, "Copy" and name it cdt. Same way I've done it for all my other bits. I think because it being a generator, it includes several modifiers which it doesn't like. I don't know.

You're saying "collapse the stack" What stack and where? I've barely used 3DS for a Month.

last edited by Digital X

@digital-x, In Max, you don't copy/paste. You right click in the window and choose Clone. That may be your problem.

I have some Max tutorials on my YouTube page that you can view to know how to use Max better.

last edited by Tattoo

OK thanks I'll keep that in mind.

I tried ctrl+v and it brings up the clone window. I apologize because I've never seen that before in any of the Max tutorials I watched. My bad.

No worries it's ok. Give me a week or so and I'll have WIP shots of my new fun map. Not all trails mind.. a bit more open fun too.

Had a clean install of the Editor and game to have a "refresh of map making". I had too many objects, no idea to make from them so using standard ones on this map.

Going to be a nice, casual trailing map.

Image updated, added small forest.

alt text

Update 2 added a small, run down community.

alt text

Update 3 Inside the small community

alt text

last edited by Digital X

3 more images showing the latest little area which I worked on tonight, this started as a few random spots of "dirt" and "forest" then I thought, "OK let's do something new with it"

Going to work hard on it over the weekend and next week so will be less on here than usual. This part feels great to drive on but needs touch ups, the grass to dirt transfer is too "clean" and not natural looking enough. Also a few bushes on the dirt which do not show properly and are the green leaves looking things I shall be cleaning up.

alt text

alt text

alt text

I have scrapped my past couple of map ideas since they did not feel "right" or natural. Also inspired by the recent desert themed maps that have popped up

Introducing an early look at..

----------------------------------------------------------------|The Wastelands|---------------------------------------------------------------

Features:

1. Pick your own trail.
I did not want to confine people to following a single route around the map as that would get boring easily, At regular intervals there are several ways to continue exploration, each alternative route providing a different off road experience and scenery.

2. An open trail experience
No more barriers. No more walls. More exploring. I have made all routes freely open and ready to explore. This means no high cliffs, blocked routes or impassable terrain to make you follow a route. You're playing the map, so you decide how you want to explore it.

3. Challenge, plus reward
There are several places on the map which you will see in the screenshots below that impose a fair, but firm challenge. These include rocky hill climbs, unstable terrain and thick, overgrown bushes covering the trails. I wanted to make you feel accomplished after successfully navigating through each of these with a sense of relief and ready for the next.

Now for the meat in the pie.. enjoy the screenshots!
alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

Still plenty of work to do, and map to fill so this is a very early look. Also several trees poking through rocks which needs fixing!

@digital-x Nice truck you have their on your screenshots ;p

Yeah I thought that too! Wonder who's it is hmm.

Very light but agile, felt like I was driving on air! The river above will be a bit more fleshed out as it is quite empty at the moment, but the size and length of it is finished.

last edited by Digital X

hi Digital X, love the Wastelands screenshots and the open terrain set-up. look forward to release.
__With that said have you , or any other mappers tried to map with the expanded map size option offered in the Mudrunner Mod? It claims to offer over 4,000m of map size.

I tried hitting 2000x2000 but I got an out of memory error.

@digital-x Mine has been stuck on 'creating lightmaps' in the initial loading. i went with (1600x1600). it's a good idea oh well, just not today.