Game will not launch - Bad Image

SpinTires.exe - Bad Image

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3dx9_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contrains an error....

Just got gifted the game but I cant get it to open. If I run it from steam it says running > syncing > gone. If I run it from install folder I get the error above.

I reinstalled multiple times, restarted PC, installed DirectX from the install folder of the game and updated graphics card. Tried manually replacing the dll by taking it from install location to my system 32, no success. I've installed in on all 3 drives in the PC. Updated Windows. Restarted, shut down etc.

PC is running 6th gen i7, gtx 960 and 32gb ddr4. (its not designed for gaming but it runs other games absolutely fine)

Any help? Why is this game causing so many problems but every other game on my PC runs fine?

Still got nothing here. Both spintires and mudrunners dont work on my PC. Have found zero solutions so far.

Hi there,

I don't know a fix off the top of my head but I've messaged the team to ask them if they have any ideas. Will let you know once I hear back from them.

@hachirou said in Game will not launch - Bad Image:

SpinTires.exe - Bad Image

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3dx9_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contrains an error....

Just got gifted the game but I cant get it to open. If I run it from steam it says running > syncing > gone. If I run it from install folder I get the error above.

I reinstalled multiple times, restarted PC, installed DirectX from the install folder of the game and updated graphics card. Tried manually replacing the dll by taking it from install location to my system 32, no success. I've installed in on all 3 drives in the PC. Updated Windows. Restarted, shut down etc.

PC is running 6th gen i7, gtx 960 and 32gb ddr4. (its not designed for gaming but it runs other games absolutely fine)

Any help? Why is this game causing so many problems but every other game on my PC runs fine?

Ok, so what exactly do you mean "gifted" ?? Did you purchase the game? Sounds like you pirated it?

@1967deuce They mean a friend bought it for them on Steam 🙂

@iyagovos said in Game will not launch - Bad Image:

@1967deuce They mean a friend bought it for them on Steam 🙂

Good morning Iyagovos, how was your weekend? I'm a console player, so i may not understand the situation, but from the error messages he is getting it seems to me he has either a pirated copy or an unofficial copy of Spintires, from my experience when you pirate a game (I have done this on PC to find very old mid- 90s games) and the file isn't uploaded correctly or someonme tampered with it, you get messages like these. Also he says "If I run from install folder..." If the game is and official copy, shouldn't it install from an official launcher tool or application? I have a few games on steam, when I purchase them and download, it downloads and installs through steam, not from an "install folder"

I apologize if I am wrong here, just seems like spintires should be a quick and simple install, have not seen too many issues with that. I purchased the original spintires for PC in 2014 on steam, but i never play it because all i have is a laptop and it does not work well. But when I purchased it, I did not have to go into game files and do all sorts of things, instead I clicked "BUY" then clicked "Download" then was playing the game an hour later.

@Hachirou hope we can get this figured out man

@1967deuce You can run games from the install folder if you download them through Steam as well, but it will then launch the game in Steam, if needed. It's not common, but you can do it 🙂

@iyagovos said in Game will not launch - Bad Image:

@1967deuce You can run games from the install folder if you download them through Steam as well, but it will then launch the game in Steam, if needed. It's not common, but you can do it 🙂

Gotcha, so its a way to run a game downloaded from steam, withoput using steam? Ok, hmm, so what does it mean when a file is labeled as "not designed for windows?" does it mean someone tampered with it?

@1967deuce Likely just an error or flaw with the file.