alt text

Who is he?
alt text

Invader (Our people?)
alt text

Native guradian vs Light magic
alt text

last edited by Ben Kenobi

Siora and Eseld went ham on those colonists, it was glorious.

I wonder what was the decision process for Spiders to chose Africa as the place that's getting colonized / has the magic cure for the plague, instead of something more exotic like India.
India has interesting social structure with dynasties and castes, and various interesting religious traditions like cows walking streets and being sacred. Huge temples. Yoga. Elephant rides. Tons of stuff.
Africa has tribes living in mud huts, wearing face paint and hunting with spears. Doesn't sound that exciting so you felt the need to spice it up with imaginary stuff. And they also they have magic! and tree creatures!
Although I guess India stuff has been a little overdone with prince of persia games, Africa only had Far Cry 2 in popular game media, there's that going for that choice.

last edited by havox

@havox said in Some screenshot from Trailer and Gameplay form E3 2018:

I wonder what was the decision process for Spiders to chose Africa as the place that's getting colonized / has the magic cure for the plague, instead of something more exotic like India.
India has interesting social structure with dynasties and castes, and various interesting religious traditions like cows walking streets and being sacred. Huge temples. Yoga. Elephant rides. Tons of stuff.
Africa has tribes living in mud huts, wearing face paint and hunting with spears. Doesn't sound that exciting so you felt the need to spice it up with imaginary stuff. And they also they have magic! and tree creatures!
Although I guess India stuff has been a little overdone with prince of persia games, Africa only had Far Cry 2 in popular game media, there's that going for that choice.

this is not africa, the setting is fictional. In any case, the game take inspiration from colonialism so natives are kinda fictional native americans.

It's a fictional island, no idea where you got the idea it was Africa.

@nickclark89 said in Some screenshot from Trailer and Gameplay form E3 2018:

this is not africa, the setting is fictional. In any case, the game take inspiration from colonialism so natives are kinda fictional native americans.

That was just my first impression from the very little we know so far. I did not see any tomahawks or bows, didn't seem like native americans to me. Of course it could be all totally made up, although Spiders did say they were inspired by 17th century Europe. In fact, the whole thing minus the magic tree creature reminded me a little of this movie scene.
Youtube Video

@havox said in Some screenshot from Trailer and Gameplay form E3 2018:

Of course it could be all totally made up, although Spiders did say they were inspired by 17th century Europe. In fact, the whole thing minus the magic tree creature reminded me a little of this movie scene.

I doubt that colonial (invading) forces in this game will be depicted very simply as "the heroic ones" while naties will be "the primitive ones".

I think its more likely that natives in Greedfall were partially inspired by Aztecs.

last edited by Farflame

5 minutes of clean gameplay. it looks great.

Youtube Video

last edited by julsouri

Holy fudge that looks beautiful.

Siora I love you!!! This is looking great!

Great work Spiders! I've really enjoyed the Tecnomancer but it seems you did go above and beyond with greedfall. Gameplay look really beautiful wasen't expecting this much improvement 🙂