Let's have some RULES when refuleing a truck's tanks or a tanker

A big fail with previous ST game was that there were no rules when refueling a truck or a tanker truck. Engine must be switched off, you know all the typical stuff, no smoking or cellphones. Also it happens in 1 second. There should be a time frame and a visual on the screen showing the progress of refueling a tank. It takes around 30 seconds maybe? depending how empty or full the tank is?

I like this idea. 30 sec would be just fine, any longer would just be annoying.

Would also LOVE it if we could re-fuel the truck by holding down the a button on the screen or keyboard so we can control it even more. If you release that action button the re-fueling would stop or if it was full overall it would automatically stop. If you're feeling lucky, simulate overflow xD which would involved making a huge mess....

last edited by Gabe_3.0

That definitely could be usefull, sometimes you need to refill two trucks a bit rather than one to max and second not at all...

I like this idea. Now that you pointed this out, it just reminded me of refuling on ATS.....this could do.

Agreed that partial filling, even if it was just 25/50/75% presets (or 100 liter increments) would be nice. It's irritating playing with friends and having to bring two tankers in some situations because you can't do less than a full tank. If I have 2 trucks that are empty and take 500 fuel each, stalled out 100 meters from the objective, I shouldn't have to bring more than 500 liters to be able to put a splash in each and finish it.

last edited by kourtjestr

Definitly. I like it. Also, it would be better if there were some limits (at least in the hardcore mode, or via check box before starting the map) of how much fuel you can take from the fuel station. This way you would have to plan fuel consumption. Come on, nobody can just draw all the fuel he need from a fuel station and then come back and draw again and so on...
Lets say, for exmple. that the Hill map will allow to take 3000 liters of fuel max, and once you use it all, you are screwed!

last edited by DeathCore

@SKULL0FD3ATH Also, repairing a truck sould take time too, rather than magically fix all broken parts.

Not 1 second it is INSTANTANEOUS 😃
I have the same idea that player should have to wait to refil fuel and by ability to stop refueling we can refuel other truck for example 50% of full fuel tank capacity. In Spintires it is imposible. Also in MP it looks stupid that when players pass by my tanker and I can just instantaneously refill them it looks like in some RPG game when you cast healing spell. It is ridiculous. It is sim game dammit! dammit 🙂 repair also should take time. All that I have in my wishlist/proposition list for Mudrunner future development 🙂
I am happy to see other people seeing it as a problem or weird thing 🙂

So it would be awesome to see some cord from tanker to truck fuel tank spawned similar like winch but more thicker and with nice texture on it 🙂

last edited by CoSm1c gAm3r

What if the fuel stations only had a certain amount of fuel in them so that you had to be wise with how much you use?

Certain amount of fuel or repair points looks like nice idea for challenge mode. Some should be part of main game, so maybe in there.
For common gameplay I prefer to focus just onto driving in worst case driving of supplies, I don't want to "die" by "there is no more fuel on map" way.

If you want to get really technical (and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it in what is quickly turning into a ridiculous thread), the vehicles don't all take the same fuel. Some take diesel and some take gasoline. But you fill them all from the same source... ooOOooOHhhh, my immersion!!! 😉

@Hazzard said in Let's have some RULES when refuleing a truck's tanks or a tanker:

What if the fuel stations only had a certain amount of fuel in them so that you had to be wise with how much you use?

I would rather have price tag per liter and gameplay mechanics that would allow player to earn money. Spintires was like a puzzle game. So it would be great to have some economy maybe like in Farming Simulator that I only watched vids about but dont own it. But anyway I liked video where some player sold logs and each log had specific price maybe based on how big is that log or something. Also in FS loading logs is per one log not like in Spintires where player need to put only 3 logs and rest is spawned. FS is superior to Spintires at this aspect. I really hope Mudrunner will have that loading logs one by one feature like in FS.

@kourtjestr said in Let's have some RULES when refuleing a truck's tanks or a tanker:

If you want to get really technical (and I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it in what is quickly turning into a ridiculous thread), the vehicles don't all take the same fuel. Some take diesel and some take gasoline. But you fill them all from the same source... ooOOooOHhhh, my immersion!!! 😉

Hmm interesting. But can you back it up by some proof? Or maybe you had in mind civilian vehicles on normal roads?
Maybe I am wrong but I imagine that all vehicles in Spintires are diesel.

last edited by CoSm1c gAm3r

@CoSm1c-gAm3r UAZ (Type A) is gasoline, not diesel. So is the B130 (Zil 130).

Good, good. If there will be in game Zil 131 then it have also gasoline engine. Well, I also would want true to life stuff so 2 fuel types should be in game but there are other things that should be changed. But is Dev vision to make it that much detailed game? I would like to see that.