Realistic Gearbox

the problem with this is that the game is mod friendly (which I'm all for), and having 1 simple gear box for all trucks is the easiest way for mods and the default trucks to share shifters, every truck has different gearing so it would be awkward if you made a 4 speed 82 ford and the shifter has 5 positions, I think if they did this they would need to make way to many shifters for each truck, if they want to do that with the stock trucks fine, but I 'd rather have the shifter we have now for mods, makes modding easier and every mod has its own gearing.

Конечно должна быть механическая коробка передач!

@kasht-dima said in Realistic Gearbox:

Конечно должна быть механическая коробка передач!

Agree

I was thinking the same op. Didn't want to open a new topic for this thats why iam going to bump this up. Hope at least for an option to choose from in the future update.

Side track slightly. I use my G27, and biggest gripe with this game is you can't start in 2nd gear from a stop, even in a modded vehicle with a boat load of torque and light weight. It's quite idotic I'm my mind.

I'd like to see implemented additional branch on shifter for "Sequental" gearbox or just key switch for "auto" mode ("automatic/manual sequental"). Because in many cases you feel like truck can go fast and steady at certain gear, but it decide it can go faster on higher gear and stall while shifting. Also, since in MR fuel consumption based on RPM, manual gears other than 1 and 1+ makes truck more fuel efficient.