Vehicle Presentation: Introducing the A-3151!

0_1551347213445_A-3151MudRunner_Cards_1200x630.jpg

Spintires: MudRunner is the ultimate version of the million-selling indie hit Spintires, releasing on October 31st this year on PC, and for the first time on PS4 and Xbox One.

Like Spintires before it, Spintires: MudRunner will put players in the driver’s seat of a variety of incredible all-terrain vehicles, venturing across extreme landscapes with only a map and compass as their guides.

In the lead-up to release, we plan to do a weekly presentation of the iconic vehicles from the game. That means that every Friday, you can expect a blog post describing a vehicle. This will also be a great place to ask questions about the vehicle specifically, how it handles, and the niche it fills.

0_1551347227094_1506587194-devblog-1-logo.jpg

Vehicle Description:

The A-3151 is a fast off-road light utility vehicle, used by drivers that need a strong and reliable off-road vehicle, for getting around quickly. The speed of the A-3151 also lends itself to quick repairs and refuelling, when desperately needed. In Spintires: MudRunner, the A-3151 will be your source of vision, allowing you to scout out viable paths for your heavier vehicles, as well as driving quickly to watchtowers to provide vision for large areas of the map.

Game Stats:

The A-3151 has a fuel capacity of 80L, and is able to take advantage of both all-wheel drive and differential lock, and is able to take up to 300 points of damage. The A-3151 costs only one balance point, and is an invaluable addition to your fielded vehicles, as a support vehicle providing valuable vision and emergency supplies.

0_1551347254629_1506587194-devblog-2-logo.jpg

Strengths

The A-3151 uses very little fuel, and is very small, meaning it is able to fit between trees to get to difficult to reach places. It is fast and agile, for those steep turns, too. The A-3151 can also be recalled, which is a new mechanic to MudRunner, and allows the player to call the A-3151 to their current position, allow for quick scouting. The recalled vehicle will lose fuel in its addons, so this is not an easy way to refuel, either! The same is true for repair points!

Weaknesses

The biggest problem with the A-3151 is that it can’t complete objectives. The A-3151 is simply there to support your other vehicles. You’ll also be unable to rescue stuck vehicles with it, as its pulling strength is quite low.

0_1551347277111_1506587195-devblog-3-logo.jpg

Attachments

The A-3151 is quite a small vehicle, and so can only carry two attachments.
These are:

• Spare Wheel – Carries repair points.
  • Trunk – Carries fuel and repair points.

You can pre-order Spintires: MudRunner now: www.mudrunner-spintires.com/shop. Owners of Spintires will benefit from an exclusive 50% discount on Steam , on top of a 10% discount that is available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One.!

last edited by Jellyfoosh

nice, i like this "recallable" feature for an exploration type vehicle. will be curious to see how well this works for user created mod vehicles.

@Iyagovos

Hello,

Nice vehicle presentation, i'm looking forward for the next one. !

Are there any plans for additional vehicle colors ?
It would be great if we could change them.

It is almost like A-469 that I thought was with addons and some paint job. But it is separate vehicle.
Out of that 19 total vehicles almost half will be just other variant of existing vehicles?
Still I hope there will be more new vehicles than doubled ones 🙂

last edited by CoSm1c gAm3r

I would also like to see older vehicles from the 40s, 50s and even older ones. As well as more modern. And some tractors, bulldozers and other interesting machines. I hope the game will be supported for a long time.

Cool, I like to have something fast, becouse in the original spintires, everything was quite slow. Even the UAZ 469.

@knight25 I will also like to see this older russian vehicles too.

Hello! Is the view from the cockpit already set? Show screenshots where there is a view from the cabin please, and make the video at least 10 minutes. Thank you!

@Bogelman-Dmitry said in Vehicle Presentation: Introducing the A-3151!:

Hello! Is the view from the cockpit already set? Show screenshots where there is a view from the cabin please, and make the video at least 10 minutes. Thank you!

Hi, the cockpit view will be available at release on PC and consoles. We're working on a new trailer showing the cockpit view.

@Netheos said in Vehicle Presentation: Introducing the A-3151!:

@Bogelman-Dmitry said in Vehicle Presentation: Introducing the A-3151!:

Hi, the cockpit view will be available at release on PC and consoles. We're working on a new trailer showing the cockpit view.

Awesome!! Can't wait to see it. Thanks.

last edited by Tattoo

@Iyagovos Why there is no A - 469 presentation on this forum and on steam forum but only on Facebook?

@CoSm1c-gAm3r said in Vehicle Presentation: Introducing the A-3151!:

@Iyagovos Why there is no A - 469 presentation on this forum and on steam forum but only on Facebook?

There is no A-469 presentation, only a short video. It's very close to the A-3151 anyway and we prefer to present more varied vehicles.

@Netheos Wonderfull! I can't wait for some 8x8 beast!

Hello,Will there be a mirror? TrackIR 5 Will it be compatible?
Thank you..
sorry my english (googleTranslate)

"Trunk – Carries fuel and repair points."
Can we hear info about how much fuel it can carry?
I was wondering about small trailer with extra fuel.
To be honest it have very small number of attachments. Some small trailers would be awesome.

The trunk will carry 80 litres of fuel and 200 repair points.

For the reason of gameplay, they don't want you to be able to carry logs with this truck. Therefore no trailers.

@yilmaz said in Vehicle Presentation: Introducing the A-3151!:

Hello,Will there be a mirror? TrackIR 5 Will it be compatible?
Thank you..
sorry my english (googleTranslate)

No