Few words from developers!

Павел Здравствуй.1 Расстояние между осью и рамой сильно увеличиватеся при смене колёс с шоссейных на вне дорожные ,что принуждает создавать вторую машину с другими настройками высоты осей это не есть хорошо. исправиться в Spintires: MudRunner?
2 Не рассматриваете установку аддонов на прицепы ? а также второй прицеп(прицеп за прицеп)
3 Исправили ли потемнее окружения при наезде под источники света например прожектора у гаражей или вдоль дорог которые

last edited by Владимир Кр

Hi everyone! Nice to see that Spintires is getting an upgrade. Already preordered on Steam. 🙂 I am just a casual player, but I love this game. I only play games with a controller on my couch with Steam running in big picture mode. So there is no mouse and keyboard. It was a bit of a hassle to set Spintires up with GameProfiler software, so I can play without a mouse...

Q: Will Mudrunner have full controller support on PC (Steam) as well?

Hello, I have first spintires and I already ordered MudRunner
I will give just my opinion, maybe will make the game more fun
Please add more quest (missions). Not only deliver from A to B. See the evolution on the map due to my deliveries.
After delivery, receive money to upgrade my truck or buy new ones.
Buy trucks and sell trucks from other players. Game money ...
Improve my garage, sell, buy.
Different loads.
Have my (garage / company) alone or with friends. Add other players to my garage ...
Ranks of player or/and (garage / company)
And please, do not let the game die like the last one. Sorry bad english xD

@ural said in Few words from developers!:

Hi everyone! Nice to see that Spintires is getting an upgrade. Already preordered on Steam. 🙂 I am just a casual player, but I love this game. I only play games with a controller on my couch with Steam running in big picture mode. So there is no mouse and keyboard. It was a bit of a hassle to set Spintires up with GameProfiler software, so I can play without a mouse...

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/1175/peripheral-support-in-spintires-mudrunner

@dereggen said in Few words from developers!:

Q: Do you consider to add some kind of "anchor sockets" besides the existing "winching sockets"?

We have added more winch sockets to the trucks so its now much more convenient to recover fallen trucks.
Making some sockets "passive" (disabling winch pull?) will probably just add some unnecessary complexity to the game.
A winch works as a way for the player to interact with the world, like his virtual "hands".

@владимир-кр

1. Это одна из причин по которых в Mudrunner нельзя менять колеса
  2. Возможно в патче
  3. В плане настройки освещения улучшений очень много

Q1. Will there be more options to tune each set of wheels in a vehicle better?
A1. No, and that is one of the reasons why "change vehicle wheels" feature was removed in MudRunner. There is no real scenario in the current state of the game where you would need to change vehicle wheels during the game session. So if you want to have multiple sets of wheels, you should use "inheritance" XML feature (will be documented better with release of MudRunner), it makes it easy to customize any parameters you want for your spare set of wheels (a different vehicle).

Q2. Will we be able to install addons on trailers? Or attach trailer to the trailer (have multiple trailers)?
A2. Maybe in a post-release patch

Q3. Have you fixed the lighting problems?
A3. There are a lot of improvements and fixes to the lighting and shading

@ural said in Few words from developers!:

Of course!

@pavel said in Few words from developers!:

[...]
Making some sockets "passive" (disabling winch pull?) will probably just add some unnecessary complexity to the game.
A winch works as a way for the player to interact with the world, like his virtual "hands".

Right, the winch is used to interact with the world, but if you want to interact, you need another socket to connect the winch.
Bild Text

On the picture you can see my modded K700 with extra winching sockets- they are very handy to recover the truck, but e.g. on the roll bar and at the wheels, there shouldn't be an active winch but a passive socket to connect another trucks winch in order to recover the K700. I can live with this solution, I was just wondering if you considered those "passive" sockets.

[...] So if you want to have multiple sets of wheels, you should use "inheritance" XML feature (will be documented better with release of MudRunner), it makes it easy to customize any parameters you want for your spare set of wheels (a different vehicle).

To get this right: You removed this feature for the default trucks but modded trucks can still use different sets of wheels or do we have to create one truck.xml file per wheel set and can not change the tires ingame but have to change the whole truck?
I'm very curious, this change is totally new to me and it affects a lot of mods and gameplay!

To get this right: You removed this feature for the default trucks but modded trucks can still use different sets of wheels or do we have to create one truck.xml file per wheel set and can not change the tires ingame but have to change the whole truck?
I'm very curious, this change is totally new to me and it affects a lot of mods and gameplay!

You can no longer change tires ingame. I know it sounds like a downgrade but like I said before, there are reason for that.
But if turns out to be a bad decision in the end, we can of course bring that feature back in a patch.

@pavel
I just can't see any reason why you removed this feature? If you think one wheel set is enough for the default trucks, then just add one type of tires per truck and leave this feature for the mods?! Nearly every mod comes with a bunch of different tires, so in the community, there is a obvious need for different tires.
I'm afraid the compatibility with the consoles will imply some disadvantages for the PC and modding community, will it?

Don't get me wrong, but removing a well used and well working feature and adding x-ray tanks really no-one asked for, is a bit strange.

last edited by DerEggen

I would have to agree. Having multiple wheel types is very nice, and allows multiple people to have different looks on their trucks. I'm not sure how much difference each wheel type makes performance-wise but it is definitely nice for aesthetics alone.

@Pavel ok so I might just be missing it, but Is there ever gonna be mods on consoles!? I know you say not currently but everyone wants to know! Just a hint would be nice. Even if it’s 6 months from now just give us some hope 🙂

Здравствуйте Павел! Есть несколько вопросов взаимосвязанных друг с другом.
Q1: Будет ли в игре свободная камера?
Q2: Будет ли запись игровых треков? (Например как в Ил-2 штурмовик).
Q3: Будет ли возможность настраивать размер интерфейса в настройках?
Q4: Будет ли возможность отключать интерфейс в игре, а не через правку файлов?

Don't get me wrong, but removing a well used and well working feature and adding x-ray tanks really no-one asked for, is a bit strange.

Well, it wasn't really well working in the game. Having an option to choose wheels while playing didn't make sense at all: "offroad" tyres were supposed to increase fuel consumption (but it wasn't documented!), but there is no real place to use "highway" tyres instead - because there is too much mud everywhere! An option to change tyres while modding makes some sense indeed - but there were problems with suspension mentioned earlier. Plus, most of the time, when you want bigger wheels you need to change axles/suspension (the mesh of your vehicle) - so changing wheels indeed worked as aesthetics (skins if you wish)...

@kourtjestr said in Few words from developers!:

I would have to agree. Having multiple wheel types is very nice, and allows multiple people to have different looks on their trucks. I'm not sure how much difference each wheel type makes performance-wise but it is definitely nice for aesthetics alone.

We will be adding more aesthetics options in post-release patches, don't worry!

Now.....

X-ray tanks... 🙂
When you play a map, fuel plays a big role (especially Hardcore mode). You definitely need to monitor your fuel levels or get a refueler assist vehicle and fill it at Fuel Station at some point. So fuel is a very important resource, and I wanted it not to be just some text number, but something materialistic, that a player can appreciate.

X-ray engines... 🙂
That feature is supposed to give vehicles a more realistic feeling. So you can feel that there is a roaring engine inside that makes your vehicle move, that your vehicle is not just a mesh with texture. Not sure if its noticable on the videos, but additionally to exhaust effect there is now also a "air-sucking" effect. And there are now fluff particles flying around the level (to give it some atmosphere, was impressed by latest "theHunter") - so those get sucked into engine too! 🙂

I think those effects make the game more fun, and thats what a game should be - FUN! So please don't be too quick to judge, you will see the new game for yourself pretty soon!

@mr-fritchley said in Few words from developers!:

@Pavel ok so I might just be missing it, but Is there ever gonna be mods on consoles!? I know you say not currently but everyone wants to know! Just a hint would be nice. Even if it’s 6 months from now just give us some hope 🙂

There is hope! 🙂 But not earlier than 6 months after release I would say...

What about introducing money to the game ?
-paying for fuel (decide how much fuel you want , holding a button to add fuel)
-paying for trucks with the money you got from finishing tasks
-paying for repairs at the garage
-paying for some add-ons (like chained wheels)
-paying a small fee to get in a certain area of the map (at those blockades you made)

For example you start with Kamaz6520 and 5k (EUR, RUB whatever) .To get the Kraz255 you must pay 15k, Maz535 50k or something similar.

Or at least make some vehicles and maps locked when you start the game and unlock them as you progress.

@stellyan said in Few words from developers!:

What about introducing money to the game ?
-paying for fuel (decide how much fuel you want , holding a button to add fuel)
-paying for trucks with the money you got from finishing tasks
-paying for repairs at the garage
-paying for some add-ons (like chained wheels)
-paying a small fee to get in a certain area of the map (at those blockades you made)

For example you start with Kamaz6520 and 5k (EUR, RUB whatever) .To get the Kraz255 you must pay 15k, Maz535 50k or something similar.

Or at least make some vehicles and maps locked when you start the game and unlock them as you progress.

There is a game for you: Euro Truck Simulator or American Truck Simulator ... this game is simply about mud or physics if you like! I also don´t understand why people ask for a cockpit view when you can not enjoy the physics at all!

last edited by voto.1979

By the cockpit view comment, I assume that nobody enjoys mudding in real trucks, either? A lot of people see this as a sim, and have a wheel, pedals, shifter.... Cockpit cam is the next logical step.

As far as economy in this vs ATS / ETS2, I don't see any reason why this game can't have an economy (other than engine / dev limitations).

Hello, I have first spintires and I already ordered MudRunner
I will give just my opinion, maybe will make the game more fun
Please add more quest (missions). Not only deliver from A to B. See the evolution on the map due to my deliveries.
After delivery, receive money to upgrade my truck or buy new ones.
Buy trucks and sell trucks from other players. Game money ...
Improve my garage, sell, buy.
Different loads.
Have my (garage / company) alone or with friends. Add other players to my garage ...
Ranks of player or/and (garage / company)
And please, do not let the game die like the last one. Sorry bad english xD

Pavel, this is unreal or this maybe can be add to the game? Really appreciate the answer