Thoughts on new gameplay trailer 12.10.2017

Hi guys. What is your thoughts on new gameplay trailer?

Youtube Video

Mine are this:
No changes to repair system! Just whole resources of repair is magically used up in 100% for a chosen vehicle?  
Same for refueling just 0,0000000001 second BOOOM fuel tank is filled!
Winch just as grey something. No texture of steel wire and attachment to the tree without details of a hook with a loop of metal wire.

http://www.offroaders.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Snatch-Block-Diagram.png
http://www.4x4parts.com/images/F143841109.jpg

I wonder if that presented unloading at objectives are a real deal or just show off for video purposes.
In hardcore mode, it should be mandatory unload for all and each log, not just 3-6 logs that can magically fill the whole carriage.

After switching to crane there should be our driver transferred to that crane. Why we control some ghost?

Youtube Video

Youtube Video – [00:55..]

Realism? No? Believability? No? Please????

last edited by CoSm1c gAm3r

You want more realism, go start to work for a foresting company.

My thought:
There should be a king of the hill BATTLEMODE! Two or three or more trucks on a cliff with drops to all sides and whoever is last on he cliff wins. Cranes are like swords after all!

@kcutstog Wrong. I like games about stuff that I will not or want not focus my life on. That was stupid to be honest from your part.

Believability is what I call it because using realism as argument makes weird people go bonkers! More realistic this that? Go find job as pilot, building constructor, janitor, mechanic, race driver etc. ARE YOU INSANE?!
Making game about something should be similar to real life counterpart and still be a game! Why it is so hard for kind of you to understand?!
Following such remarks and totally dumb responses I would be by now airplane pilot, general, mechanic, F1 driver, astronaut, damn spaceship constructor, physics professor, animal trainer, company owner ETC.ETC. People are you really that silly in your brainz?!

Simplified games are like disease in modern times! Only ill people love that condition!
I love details and believability but mentioning anything amongst casual players makes me and people like me to be stoned to death on internet! You people are the problem and your simplified mindset! SICK!

I stand my opinion in 100% !

I hope devs have more brains than average casual console player because hope for good games will die very fast.
Modern times produce more and more dumbed down games. If this will continue I will be left playing very old games because modern ones will be playing for themselves and will have shortcuts like to finish game now and see ending press triangle+square+X+circle. INSANE!

Anyway opinion is a opinion I understand your simplified point of view. Cheers!

woah woah, hold your horses back, buddy. I was just joking. Have a bit of a hard time today, have not you? Relax, it is just a game.

Also, you can become an airplane pilot in 5 years, a general in 10, a F1 drive in 5 if you are good, spaceship constructor in 10, physics professor in 10, animal trainer in 2, company instantly. That's 37 years. Perfectly doable.

Agreed with the winch.. looks really out of place. Also crane operator. There is a perfectly good driver model already. Why doesn't he operate the crane!

I have no problem with current refueling and repairing mechanics. That's just gameplay design.

@cosm1c-gam3r

The game is already made , and the main task was the console version .Yeah is the same game with that promised update from last year ,but with many small improvements and the cabin view .All the requests will be talked/added in the future so just wait for the release, test the game and then start complaining...

I like what I see in the new trailer. The missing crane operator and the missing texture on the winch, ok I would like to see that too. But the thing I like most about Spintires is it's simplicity. Ten seconds after you start the game you drive the truck! I like the fact that there is no economy system and everything else that keeps me from driving the trucks. I play just for fun and to relax a little. I don't use no multiplayer mode and I don't want to wait five minutes to refuel the trucks, just because in real life you have the chance to take a leak while refueling. So please don't introduce no further nonsense to the game, no in-game movie sequences, no money stuff, or at least keep a "just play" mode for guys like me... of course this is just my personal opinion...

@ural You have my support in this...

@Ural 100% Agree.

also complaining about everything without playing the game 1 second is in my eyes nonsense.

Looks dope!!!!!!!! I showed it to my wife and even her wants to play!

@ural said in Thoughts on new gameplay trailer 12.10.2017:

I like what I see in the new trailer. The missing crane operator and the missing texture on the winch, ok I would like to see that too. But the thing I like most about Spintires is it's simplicity. Ten seconds after you start the game you drive the truck! I like the fact that there is no economy system and everything else that keeps me from driving the trucks. I play just for fun and to relax a little. I don't use no multiplayer mode and I don't want to wait five minutes to refuel the trucks, just because in real life you have the chance to take a leak while refueling. So please don't introduce no further nonsense to the game, no in-game movie sequences, no money stuff, or at least keep a "just play" mode for guys like me... of course this is just my personal opinion...

And I love details! Does that mean players like me are not welcome because most people are casuals so games should be simplified?! That is arrogant.
In hardcore mode there should be things that I mentioned and for casuals there should be normal mode and everyone would be happy not only casuals that in modern times have most games made for them which are dumbed down in everything.

We who love details and believability are not extinct!

@cosm1c-gam3r I agree with you completely. Many games or series of games have suffered and have been simplified because some kids whine that it is too hard or complicated (The same applies to contemporary films, by the way). But I think that Pavel himself likes attention to detail and will develop his game in this direction.

last edited by knight25

@knight25

Exactly.
It does not hurt to make 2 modes for both groups. If there are people loving simplicity then OK but people who love details and complexity should also have mode dedicated to them. Normal mode for casual players and hardcore mode for people loving more complex gameplay. Why not introducing next mode? A simulation for even more demanding players where all stuff i mentioned would be implemented.

It is not hard to make refueling process take time right?! Player would chose using an even simplest slider to how much fuel he wants and then refueling would take time. SIMPLE! I remember playing simulation games and there was many options to make game like arcade or very hard sim game! It was Silent Hunter. any people were happy not only casuals or sim loving people. There are games mage with option to make game simple or complex. For example game that is based on Transport Tycoon Deluxe it is called Mashinky and there player can set up his game to fulfill his needs for game complexity.

I have another idea enriching details of the Mudrunner world. Would be cool if with repair resources we would have to go and take mechanic and he would repair our truck. And it would take some time and at that time we would use other vehicle and we would do something else. Then we receive a message that he finished repairing 🙂 For me complexity in games are satisfying thing. It don't require 5 years to work to make simple things as timed refuel right?! Just extra mode that is all! Right?? 🙂

Casuals dont understand that someone can get huge satisfaction from things that for them are tedious! They are so selfish 😕

I'd really love to see animated steering. The winch is still god awful ugly, as well as the big rock A texture. (0:51) I feel like If the game had rocks similar to the ones Voto used, it would look so much better. I've never seen a white and black striped rock as common as it is in this game. Strange and foreign looking.

The good: I love the way it looks like there will be gates that open. There was a very short scene in the "sandbox" portion that showed it. Something new at least that will affect gameplay.

last edited by RoughRider