What performance do i need to Run Spintires PC

Hey guys, getting really interested in getting spintires going again for PC, I have it on PC but laptop isnt really capable, what specs are needed for the game and mods? Itching to make a deuce and a half mod

Can run it on a Pentium Dual Core with a 9600GT as per the minimum specs.

A G3258 CPU, 8GG Ram (pretty standard now, I've had 16GB for many years) and GTX 560/560ti would be ample for this game and are very cheap now, although old. Or a GTX 750 if you can spare the extra.

@digital-x said in What performance do i need to Run Spintires PC:

Can run it on a Pentium Dual Core with a 9600GT as per the minimum specs.

A G3258 CPU, 8GG Ram (pretty standard now, I've had 16GB for many years) and GTX 560/560ti would be ample for this game and are very cheap now, although old. Or a GTX 750 if you can spare the extra.

I will look into this more, but i definitely ned a desktop yes/ tried on my laptop but it gets stupid hot and eventually i guess the graphics or video card is overheating, game will freeze then screen does some matrix crap

@digital-x i use win vista 32 bits 2gb ram intel core 2 duo 2.6ghz laptop on minimal gfx setting but on high cpu settings because i like to see the mud on the wheels lol, i even make mods lol

@1967deuce this is from my office pc and runs it good at max settings and i can make maps too
alt text
alt text
i can use some un optimized mods on overly filled with model maps (not hating on anybody)

i wish i could take this pc to my home to throw my laptop off the window

As for overheating, make sure it has space to "breath" underneath, or look into a "cooling pad" for laptops.

@digital-x said in What performance do i need to Run Spintires PC:

As for overheating, make sure it has space to "breath" underneath, or look into a "cooling pad" for laptops.

When I get home tonight, I will post my laptops specs

Whoa @Forces a GT 610?

F for respect my dude

"Runs it good at max settings" he says. Ummmmmm...no it don't. It's a complete potato with 30% of the graphics power of the minimum recommended card. You're barely getting FPS in the mid teens(if that even). With frequent dips in the single digits. Don't go telling lies like that. Someone might believe it and buy one of those POS cards thinking you can actually play games with it. That' BS. It's an iGPU replacement card at best. Hell...most iGPUs are WAY more capable.

last edited by MudHappy

@mudhappy must be way better then my potato. 0_1530275275577_Screenshot (1295).png
Getting massive FPS drops with this old bugger 😕

@mudhappy

"Runs it good at max settings" he says. Ummmmmm...no it don't. It's a complete potato with 30% of the graphics power of the minimum recommended card. You're barely getting FPS in the mid teens(if that even). With frequent dips in the single digits. Don't go telling lies like that. Someone might believe it and buy one of those POS cards thinking you can actually play games with it. That' BS. It's an iGPU replacement card at best. Hell...most iGPUs are WAY more capable.

I never run fullscreen so do your math boy, flat 25 fps

oh and btw it runs allot of simulators (Xplane 11 and Flight 😵 with no issues on low to mid settings and those are really heavy gpu simulators

@A-Slice-Of-Pizza
the 610 was my office pc in wich i played on my free time
F is for F**k my old laptop with no gpu lol im getting a better (cheap) pc soon

This game, runs well on low end PC. I had a GTX 720 running full HD 24"screen, at steady 60fps on max. It died, got GTX 1080 Ti for really good price. Running in HD same screen at 60fps on full, looks exactly the same. That being said, I'm not a fan of laptops for gaming. Yes, Desktops are more expensive, but you get far better deal I think. I've had my desktop for over 7y, and upgrade it when I have the money, fans/CPU/MOBO/GPU. I save and wait for sales. Guess I'm just a old fart, I have no interest in portability.

last edited by FearWheels

0_1530657987921_a7299e00-4d96-4878-945a-2de5f250cfaa-image.png
0_1530658160034_5b72c6b8-f6f4-4300-97dc-a0a53becbc89-image.png

Surprisingly, I can even stream Mudrunner with this thing @30fps. I got this because well I had the money (like $250) and because its all I needed to start gaming with. Currently working on an new one https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NMykw6

If you want a gaming laptop the MSI with the 1050Ti is a very good laptop to run games.
It has overclocking and fans that can be cranked up to keep everything cool.
I use it for map making, model building, game play and runs everything over 60+fps on the highest settings.
I got my laptop for under $700 new.

@forces Yes, I have an MSI Dominator Pro and so far so good I'm really happy with it, But eventually I plan to build a desktop.

@forces I was letting the original poster know what a good ran and which one I had. I have the MSI GL62M right now and I built a custom desktop. Probably getting the GT83VR or GT83 next year.

@89cherokeelimit
Hello guyts. Good morning. I have yet to find any time to screw around with my computer, I'm always working on or driving the deuce, amongst other things in life. but i will try eventually to make some headway

Meanwhile, how is everyone doing? W#ho is hyped for the USA exspansion?

I showed Risky Wisky TC's video on that.. He said it is fake news

@a-slice-of-pizza On what?

We've confirmed a USA expansion 🙂

@a-slice-of-pizza said in What performance do i need to Run Spintires PC:

I showed Risky Wisky TC's video on that.. He said it is fake news

Take anthing TC says with a grain of salt. he is only a little kid