Vehicle light modes, parking, low beam, high beam, etc.

One thing I would love to have happening is beeing able to control lights on the vehicles. For example low beam, parking lights and high beam as well as the hazzard lights like beacons that can be turned on/off indepednatly. For parking lights or low beam you wouldn't have the light rays just maybe on high beam. Cockpit lighting would be good as well with the instruments or cabin light, independantly controlled

I think it would be very cool to have high/low beams. I think the others you mentioned are too irrelevent to worry about.

you can kinda do this already if you setup the lights right.

alt text

alt text

It would be nice to have the option to make lights flash. I mean, it can't be that difficult to make a light to turn on and off with a certain frequency but it would be very handy as the model would not need to support flashing lights anymore.
High and low beam would be nice too, but the trick, mentioned by SKULL0FD3TH, works very well- with one drawback, the lights are permanently on.

@DerEggen you can set them where its off in the day time, and on in the night time, use "<Flare Dir="(1.0; 0; 0)" DirAngle="90" Color="g(120; 120; 120) x 3" SizeAtDay="0.0" Size="0.2" then it will only appear at night time.

Mhh, you are right! Didn't think of the possibility to set this to "0.0". Good consideration. By setting it to 0.0 the backdraw becomes a benefit- you get a full automatic low beam that turns itself on when it gets dark, nice ^^

@Gabe_3.0 said in Vehicle light modes, parking, low beam, high beam, etc.:

One thing I would love to have happening is beeing able to control lights on the vehicles. For example low beam, parking lights and high beam as well as the hazzard lights like beacons that can be turned on/off indepednatly. For parking lights or low beam you wouldn't have the light rays just maybe on high beam. Cockpit lighting would be good as well with the instruments or cabin light, independantly controlled

Why not? 🙂 I agree for fully controllable lights.

@DerEggen indeed, if you go to media.zip and go to the templates folder and look at trucks.xml, there is a lot of nifty stuff to find in there relating to lights, and a lot of settings will mix match and work together.

Back on topic.
other than the stuff that I mentioned, I don't really know of another way to kind of simulate it, but I think the settings I showed everyone and such, it will be a good way to do this kind of thing until this is implemented properly.

Because it´s an simulation i think we need also hazzard lights and indicatiors too.

@alpscruiser said in Vehicle light modes, parking, low beam, high beam, etc.:

Because it´s an simulation i think we need also hazzard lights and indicatiors too.

sorry i am a real logtrucker and i never use hazzard lights and turnsignal when i am in the wood

@thombuggy said in Vehicle light modes, parking, low beam, high beam, etc.:

@alpscruiser said in Vehicle light modes, parking, low beam, high beam, etc.:

sorry i am a real logtrucker and i never use hazzard lights and turnsignal when i am in the wood

But you SHOULD!!
Too many tourists in austrian's woods lol

@schlammspringer
in the forest I use my 6 working lights when loading and driving in the extremely difficult terrain to have the rear of my truck better in the view.
worklights to turn on and off, and turnable headlights to the addons that would be an option, and switchable bacons

I can imagine you also have alot of mirrors as well?
@thombuggy

Bavarian forest SS