Is it bad hitreg or has the time to kill increased? What is going on?

Just wondering why you can hit someone in the chest 3 times with an ak-74 and not kill them or as a sniper once with a m24 in the chest and no kill? you can see blood sprays from hits but it takes so many bullets to get a kill now, what is going on? This needs to be fix, not sure if it's a bug, lag issues or something else that is getting fixed or if has been changed on purpose. The old insurgency didn't have a time to kill like that and if is intentional it was a bad move and will ruin the game. Also hope the vaulting is getting fixed, trying to find that sweet spot so you can jump over a wall sometimes is ridiculous.

last edited by Hydrobuds

Hey! I do not come with an answer, but with the same doubt. I am a decent Insurgency player (and RO2/RS2, that kind of game) but I am really having a bad time with Sandstorm at this stage of development . I don’t know if it’s due to what you stressed out, or because of my ping, or that movement are more fast paced / different gameplay.

I feel that there is something different in Sandstorm that somehow makes me a total noob at aiming in Sandstorm, or at playing this game haha.

Anyone

Anyone experiencing the same?

There's definitely hitreg issues at the moment, which means that bolt action rifles suck pretty bad because of their very low rates of fire. Multiple occasions I've shot someone right in the chest and it does nothing (and they're close enough to not need to compensate for gravity).

It'll most likely be fixed when it goes retail

I'm pretty sure its because of the "Heavy Armour" available in the load out screen. In real life, Armour plating that soldiers wear can withstand a 3.08 cartridge a number of times. I feel like the Dev's were trying to replicate a more realistic Armour mechanic. That being said when trying to down someone with the 'Uzi' and being killed by them after landing 5-6 shots can make guns besides assault rifles feel pretty much useless.

Thanks for the answers guys.

As far as I remember, on the contrary to insurgency, Sandstorm only proposes armours but no prenetation options, does it?

It is from heavy armor and sometimes the hitreg is bad. Between the two it can be frustrating. Somehow this game says I have 35% accuracy but it certainly does not feel that way compared to Insurgency.

@cachetito302 said in Is it bad hitreg or has the time to kill increased? What is going on?:

Thanks for the answers guys.

As far as I remember, on the contrary to insurgency, Sandstorm only proposes armours but no prenetation options, does it?

Pretty much, although both bolt-actions have AP ammo equipped by default (as well as the MP7 and the M249) so if you aren't bodying people in one torso shot it's a hitreg problem.

@kraeyq said in Is it bad hitreg or has the time to kill increased? What is going on?:

It is from heavy armor and sometimes the hitreg is bad. Between the two it can be frustrating. Somehow this game says I have 35% accuracy but it certainly does not feel that way compared to Insurgency.

Heavy Armor doesn't save you from bolt rifles. That's just bad hit detection.

they changed the damage model to idk what kind of garbage and theres definitely bad hit detection. i shot a standing bot and the bullet landed in the wall behind him instead. many such cases

Do you know if hit detection is still in beta too and meant to be improved until final release, or is it already what we would have to play with?

I think it's a combination of bad hit registration, the new ballistic mechanics which probably reduce damage at range for low velocity projectiles and the high impact of armor. I recall several firefights I had where me and an enemy player would empty full magazines at each other and both be still standing. It's very frustrating and makes killing someone with anything other than a high caliber assault rifle with a foregrip and compensator next to impossible.

I'm fine with it taking a few good hits to take someone down. For me it makes firefights more intense and interesting than instant death from 50 yards away as I round a corner. The problem is that it's inconsistent in that sometimes I do get insta-killed by what feels like a single shot and other times I'm a walking tank.

@marksmanmax said in Is it bad hitreg or has the time to kill increased? What is going on?:

Pretty much, although both bolt-actions have AP ammo equipped by default (as well as the MP7 and the M249) so if you aren't bodying people in one torso shot it's a hitreg problem.

Wait the M249 has AP rounds? Correct me if I'm wrong but last time I checked the loadout screen the M249 never said it used AP...MP7 would be understandable given that its ammo was designed to be armour piercing from the start.

@edbods Yeah, the M249 has AP ammo loaded now. It's probably to balance with the PKM a bit more.

Ever do hand to hand combat in Morrowind? Clearly  NWI have just added a complex RPG sub-system that calculates your skill as a soldier to determine if you "actually" hit someone after you decide to shoot at them.

last edited by Hyphenated