Single fire vs Full auto

Single fire is pretty much useless. people soak bullets like nothing. some complained from last beta that its a spray and pray fest. and now we have drum magazine to help with this.
I would love to have AP rounds to make single fire viable. Or something else. I want good aim to pay off instead of just spraying people down wasting half a mag per kill.

Good aim pays off. Aim for the head. A lower TTK rewards bad aim. Because you need to HIT LESS to kill.

It's certainly less realistic, but i'd rather prefer this than the one in Ins2.

@benz Thanks, you just explained why full auto is better 🙂

@croox so? you don't think about the consequences of your proposed change at all. Making single fire viable by increasing dmg via f.e. AP rounds makes full auto even more viable.

If you want to make single fire more viable, you have to make full auto LESS viable. F.e. harder recoil or higher TTK.

@benz And it was this conversation i wanted. I agree. But i think we should mix the too. AP rounds and increased recoil or maybe have the AP rounds increase the recoil abit.

@croox You have to stop proposing things that affects BOTH shooting mechanisms. It doesn't solve anything. Making both better is making both better and not making one more viable. If you want single fire to be more viable you simple have to make full auto less viable. As i already said.

• harder recoil patterns
  • slower rate of fire
  • higher ttk

Those are your options to make full auto less viable. Maybe there are more.

@benz Still doesn't solve the sponge effect. Hitting a guy 3-4 times and hes still wont die is just frustrating. I want to feel like my weapon actually have a punch like in ins2. Filling someone with bullets and he keeps running isnt satisfying. I will be bored on this game very quickly if it feels like i'm shooting someone with a nerf-gun all the time.

@croox Then you dunno what you want. First you say you want aim to be rewarded and now you want lower TTK.

The lower the TTK the less important is aim.

@benz So you say aim is less important in Ins2 than in sandstorm? This is why i wanted AP round. I know what i want, i just wasnt clear enough.

@croox AP rounds dont make aim more important. Don't you understand that? More dmg = more dmg. No matter if you go full auto or not.

Croox is right. Lower TTK rewards good aim.

Good aim in a midrange fight doesn't need to be the ability to hit a headshot. It just means the ability to hit whatever is required to bring the enemy down. Previously in Insurgency you fired two shots into their centre mass at midrange and you'd watch somebody fall down. Currently it doesn't reward good aim, it rewards GOOD RECOIL MANAGEMENT. Being able to counteract the recoil at midrange and hose the enemy down with your water gun is not the same as snapping onto a target and pulling the trigger quickly.

@benz More damage = more important to hit first round = need to aim better. Now its not important to hit first. you just have to hit most. so go full auto or go home.

@croox

Yeah no problem, I came back to complain the TTK is still too high in general, may as well say it here rather than in its own thread.

I can live with it at this point now the hitreg is somewhat fixed and ammo got a bit more damaging if they double or triple the cost of armour. Otherwise we need AP back. Not what I want, but the reality is the gunplay here is a downgrade from the predecessor.

@benz said in Single fire vs Full auto:

logic not found.

Thank you for your carefully constructed and well defined counterargument.

@whitby because it's pointless trying to argue with you guys. you don't realize how flawed your own logic is, how am i supposed to say anything against that. It's pointless.

But go on. If you wanna tell me a lower TTK rewards aim .. explain to me why games with a higher TTK are WAY more reliant on aim..... f.e. CS ...or an extreme: quake. Go ahead.

inb4 some weird spinned logic without sense.

@benz said in Single fire vs Full auto:

@whitby because it's pointless trying to argue with you guys. you don't realize how flawed your own logic is, how am i supposed to say anything against that. It's pointless.

But go on. If you wanna tell me a lower TTK rewards aim .. explain to me why games with a higher TTK are WAY more reliant on aim..... f.e. CS ...or an extreme: quake. Go ahead.

inb4 some weird spinned logic without sense.

Please provide evidence supporting the concept that there is varying reliance on aim between games which have no (repeatable or realistic) means to despatch an opponent other than aiming (and clicking MOUSE1).

@benz This is not CS or Quake. This is supposed to be more slow paced and tactical and more realistic. and CS is 10% aim 90% spray control.