Working fine under Linux but kicked out by EAC!

Hello,

I've tried running IS from the new Steamplay's Proton, which is a Valve customized version of WINE, and it ran smoothly, started fine, played with the options, customized the player, set a Region, then searched for a game, and it searched and found one, and started loading the map, and right after reaching %100, it said Kicked out by EAC (Dummy Client), so all we need is to recognize IS running under Proton/WINE as a legit client, and I believe it will run super great.

Will this be possible?

And if you use BattleEye for it, can you find a workaround to use Linux's BattleEye if the game is using Proton to run instead of Windows's? I know a native Linux client is always better, but if the game runs perfectly under Proton, then at least we won't have to reboot several times a day whenever we have a break, until a proper native client is in place.

same here.
Maybe a separate game branch without anti cheat would be a good start.

@flaep well .. Cheaters will use it so no ^^ if there's a branch without anti cheat, the one with the anti cheat is totally useless

BattleEye is one of the best anti-cheat solutions, and Focus home has already used it on Linux, so what I was suggesting is implementing the Linux battleEye instead of the Windows version, and we can write a custom Proton script that will start the native BattleEye if Proton is detected, and it will depend whether there'll be a way BE will communicate with IS through Proton/WINE.

It sounds logical and could be doable, but the only one who can answer it are either Forcus-Home or BE creators, or could be Valve and BE, or their both collaboration or all of them 😕

EAC will probably want to get their software working with SteamPlay anyways since so many games will be tested with that.

You don't even need Steamplay anyway as NWI have a plan to release native on linux later after release.

let them focusing on optimize performance at the moment.

last edited by logike

@logike said in Working fine under Linux but kicked out by EAC!:

You don't even need Steamplay anyway as NWI have a plan to release native on linux later after release.

let them focusing on optimize performance at the moment.

Something interesting about using something like WINE is that it suffers dramatically when there's a lot of drawcalls or unusual calls and it's a great way to troubleshoot Windows machines.