I have been attempting to play either Co-op OR Versus since the 1.5G patch that was released today and ever since then I have been unable to join any games.
I looked on google and came across this post from {Arc} [developer] - https://steamcommunity.com/app/581320/discussions/0/1736589519994259785/
I have attempted to e-mail the e-mail provided by said dev but keep getting a send error from Windows stating "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no attachments are too large."
The only attachment is the log file from my "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Insurgency\Saved\Logs" folder that is dated as the log for today, as well as a short written message stating "My steamID64 is {SteamID}
I have been unable to join any games ever since the 1.5G update that was released today, haven’t been having any issues prior to the update.
See attached logs for more information."
Any help would be appreciated or a way to actually contact support for in depth help.