running away while being suppressed or under fire?

Can someone explain to me how the enemy can run away from being shot at so fast and not even slow up from being suppressed ,and in the same turn turn and fire at you with dead nuts accuracy ?

The bad hitreg and lack of tagging means bots dance back and forth and return fire accurately, zipping around your bullets like neo. Bot direction change/about face time is way too fast and we need movement penalties when you take hits. Other than that I think it's just hitreg issues

@duckhead said in running away while being suppressed or under fire?:

The bad hitreg and lack of tagging means bots dance back and forth and return fire accurately, zipping around your bullets like neo. Bot direction change/about face time is way too fast and we need movement penalties when you take hits. Other than that I think it's just hitreg issues

I agree 100 %

@Developers
Please add movement penalties when taking hits and also add some fatigue when running longer than 8-10 seconds like for example : unsteady aiming for 5 seconds and heavy breathing
That would add some realism and people would not run and gun from checkpoint to checkpoint.
In most games there are 1 or 2 rushers who already take the checkpoint while more than half of the team is still involved in firefights or doing reloads on weapon caches.

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@gsg_9_lightning

I remember early builds of ins2 where sprinting had a massive exhaustion penalty that made firing accurately at long range extremely difficult. That seems like something to toy with again, though maybe a little less severe. It would make sprinting less of a standard mode of movement but still let you use it for dangerous rapid approaches since the exhaustion penalty would be less important at close range

EDIT: dreams of a system where the enemy can hear you panting, and crouching motionless switches the sound to the labored breaths of someone trying to stay quiet

last edited by duckhead