Gunplay is clunky

The aim is too heavy due to input lag, and to make it worse, the mechanics make the game too casual.

If I want to aim properly, I have to hold breath. It takes a lot of time and sometimes because my soldier is too tired after he ran less than 50m(?) I can't do it before I get killed. I mean, I am quite sedentary at the moment and I can still run 1km without spitting my lungs off. I suppose that a trained soldier should have some decent stamina.
Now how am I supposed to aim for a small pixel/hitbox when my aim shakes so badly? Or even control my weapon properly when spraying? Everything about the gunplay feels too clunky at the moment.
I hope you guys really remove this mechanic and let the gunplay be fully predictable so that fast reaction and impecable aim will decide who wins a gun fight and not who gets less punished by all this inconsistency.

@ulftv Basically all of those things (minus input delay) are Insurgency staples...

You're describing elements that actually make this game attractive to folks like me. Running a kilometer on your morning jog vs. doing it while carrying several magazines, wearing a tactical vest, a sidearm, a rifle, grenades, etc. are a little different. .....add trying to line up your sights after you immediately stop and actually hit something with pinpoint accuracy is not easy even for highly trained athletes.

If you've ever shot before (especially if out of breath) you should know just how important breath control and state of mind is to accuracy. .....throw adrenaline into the mix and it that much more difficult.

Insurgency tries to tap into those more realistic factors by creating these mechanics that try to mimic what you might experience in real life. For one, I'm glad they didn't fold and try to make Sandstorm into yet another twitch shooter.

As Quadsword mentioned, aside from the alleged input lag, this is what Insurgency is supposed to be about. It's definitely not for everyone as they are trying to appeal to a niche fanbase that enjoys these more realistic elements in their shooter. Personally, I wish it leaned more toward a milsim than it already does but I think they hit the mark with what they were trying to achieve.

last edited by Kean_1

By input lag you probably mean that your hands and gun start to move on screen and only after few moments you start turning?

last edited by Jesus Man

@jesus-man Yep. It comes with low FPS or the exccess of post-processing effects.

@kean_1 I get your point. But not every aspect of reality fits in a game, even one that tries to bring realism. The game is cool enough for being a hardcore shooter, but it's lacking in skill, in my opinion. Just think it could be tweaked. When the game answers to your commands properly it's just more enjoyable and it wouldn't necessarily look like an arcade.

@ulftv said in Gunplay is clunky:

@kean_1 I get your point. But not every aspect of reality fits in a game, even one that tries to bring realism. The game is cool enough for being a hardcore shooter, but it's lacking in skill, in my opinion. Just think it could be tweaked. When the game answers to your commands properly it's just more enjoyable and it wouldn't necessarily look like an arcade.

.....but those realistic aspects that do belong are arguable I think we can agree. As for what we each think those should be is likely another story.

I also can't agree on the lack of skill. In fact, I think these more realistic mechanics add depth, more complexity and immersion. They also encourage a more measured approach to engagamements. I would say such things require more skill IMO.