Underappreciated features: Thank you!

I felt in between all the heat around TTK and optimization there is not much talk anymore about some of the shining positives of the game. Especially concerning some of my greatest pet peeves of Ins2:

The constant loadout selection! Now my Boi Sandstorm actually remembers what I have been running last game while also giving me the option to save loadouts (Sidenote: being able to delete, rename and overwrite existing saves would be much welcome).
This small feature makes continued play so much more fluid, without the frustration of having to respec your gear every god damn game. So have a little thank you for that.

I love that new feature as well, although I'm undecided whether I miss the "escalation" of getting more supply points over time during a match. It mixed things up a little. Start out under-equipped and end up not knowing what more swag to put on your gun because you have so much already...

@ryuk47 said in Underappreciated features: Thank you!:

(Sidenote: being able to delete, rename and overwrite existing saves would be much welcome).

That is possible for appearance presets, so I'm sure it will come to loadouts too.

There are a lot of details people totally miss too. Like...did you know that the door handles actually turn when you open the doors?

You can also shoot off the hinges.

Kicking the door in the direction it opens just knocks it open. But kicking a door AGAINST the hinges knocks it out of the frame.

(Now if only they could get the basics, like....the guy with the RPG having it show on his back)...

And this is why I love the developers for Insurgency. They are listening!

Reduced player acceleration slightly.
Force players into a crouch when completing a slide.
Increased prone to standing transition time from 0.65 seconds to 1 second.
Cap player speed to prone speed during the prone to stand transition.

and

Increased bullet drop slightly for 5.56, 5.45, and 7.62 at long ranges.
Increased Ammo Check speed by 40%.
Increased free aim recoil slightly.

See:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/29540/insurgency-sandstorm-pre-order-beta-2-patch-notes-september-6-2018

last edited by TopBullet

@grotesqueshadow said in Underappreciated features: Thank you!:

I love that new feature as well, although I'm undecided whether I miss the "escalation" of getting more supply points over time during a match. It mixed things up a little. Start out under-equipped and end up not knowing what more swag to put on your gun because you have so much already...

I was under the impression that the current amount of equipment points you have is just for pre-release testing purposes. I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but my guess is that on launch we will get the same system as in Ins2.

In regard to Loadouts.

I sure think it is nice to have the option but I think I am missing (or I simply don't saw them) two important options.

1. Delete Loadouts
  2. Rename Loadouts
  3. Create Loadouts without being on a server.

@feuerholz to be honest I doubt that, because it would be rather hard to maintain easy usability while still keeping predictable behaviour for loading a preset that was made in a round where you had more points than the current one. I believe that's also the reason why presets for coop and versus are separate - they have different amounts of points. I don't think we'll see the old system return. The overall sum of points in the different modes might get tweaked in balancing patches, so you might have the part right where it will be less supply points post release, but that's speculation on my part.

@amurka exactly! In addition to that did you know that you can kill someone by bashing the door him their face? Some post in here got a ridiculous resit post where a guy gets smacked across the room for covering behind a door XD