Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.

@jensiii that weird moment, when you are in kindergarten and every kid has a cool skin and they ask you what you got... and you can just walk away. filled with shame.

@captain-price
You've been giving people the same basic rundown for micro transactions that they've been hearing for the past several years now, and it's annoying and to some extent insulting. So far you've said:

The microtransactions are only going to be cosmetic.

That was already obvious, as I said earlier, people's issues with your paid cosmetics have nothing to due with gameplay concerns.

You can grind for them or if you're someone who doesn't have the time, you can purchase them with real money.

No, stop sugarcoating it. It's not people who don't have the time will buy credits, it's people who don't have the patience to grind like everyone else who you hope to exploit.

The game isn't introducing lootboxes, supply drops, etc. So it isn't going to be P2W.

(you made this point several times)
If you tried lootboxes or pay to win mechanics, everyone would lose their shit, and the game would die in a week. Not implementing extremely scummy micro transactions does not justify what you are currently doing.

It's a beta, so some things aren't going to run the best at first.

You really expect people to fall for the "it's just a beta" when it's ten days from release?

@captain-price said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

@boocheus said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

@captain-price And? Whats your point here? Yeah they dont effect gameplay. You think were idiots?

We know damn well it socially pressures people into spending money to get the ass to earn otherwise cosmetics and exploits people with easy income and weak attention spans and mommy's credit cards.

It doesnt help that you buy tokens and not the outfits directly, its designed to make us spend more than needed. THEIFS, LIARS.

My point is, people who don't want to spend money on cosmetics don't have to in order to keep up with other players (in terms of actual gameplay). If you don't want to spend money, then don't. No one is forcing you to.

@hirnfleisch said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

@captain-price
But how about the guys having bugs and strange behaviors right now. For example I bought a lot of stuff and now it's locked again. Iam on level 21 and I didn't even get smth for each level up. Will there be a reset when you are launching the game?

Please let me know because right now this unlock system is very disappointing.

I can't speak for the people having bugs with their currency. It's a beta, so some things aren't going to run the best at first.

I know you cannot speak for them but can you confirm that items and ingame credits are going to be reset to 0 when the game launches?

Are Mictrotransactions bad in general? I don't think so but it is always about the way it is implemented into a game.

Microtransactions to to unlock normal content in the game is bad and it's usually done with hiding content behind a tedious grind. This appears to be the case with the cosmetics in the game. You gain 100 Tokens per level and cosmetics can easily cost 1.000 or more Tokens.

Insurgency is relatively seen a cheap game, so it is not unrealistic that the developer and publisher want to earn additional money. But I think they should not hide existing content, but they should offer quality cosmetics that are exclusive to Microtransactions. Make content that people want to buy because it is cool.

I get it, i've watched a few jimquisitions in my time, stigma around buying pixels is pretty low at the moment.

Not even regarding flat out upgrade purchases, there are legitimate marketing techniques around micro transactions and there are none of them present in this game, something like "KILLED YOU WITH AWP | SKIN X" or shoving promotional imagery for bundles and skin onto the user interface like in siege or PUBG, but not here? you just have mr noodle arms standing in the main menu with whatever you bothered to put on him at the time, sure using desert camo will probably be banned after it gets abused in comp but otherwise it's maybe the most irrelevant cosmetics system ive seen so far.

You know when SJW's start calling random dudes who disagree with them Nazis? You're kinda like that, stick it to the actual scumbags in the industry would you?

@mefirst said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

Are Mictrotransactions bad in general? I don't think so but it is always about the way it is implemented into a game.

Microtransactions to to unlock normal content in the game is bad and it's usually done with hiding content behind a tedious grind. This appears to be the case with the cosmetics in the game. You gain 100 Tokens per level and cosmetics can easily cost 1.000 or more Tokens.

Insurgency is relatively seen a cheap game, so it is not unrealistic that the developer and publisher want to earn additional money. But I think they should not hide existing content, but they should offer quality cosmetics that are exclusive to Microtransactions. Make content that people want to buy because it is cool.

That’s even worse. Part of the justification for the micro transactions in this is that everything will be unlockable without money.

"Holy fuck you need to stop talking to people like they’re stupid. No shit you’re not forcing them to buy cosmetics, no one>suggested that. However, it is obvious that you want people to feel pressured to spend money on cosmetics..."

How do people feel pressured to buy cosmetics? To what, look cool? Boost their ego? That's their problem.

Also, "not forcing people to buy cosmetics" and "pressuring people to buy cosmetics" don't make sense when you put them together because they contradict almost completely.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@captain-price Comics affect the chances of winning. There has been studies on how colors affect the brain and thus affect the chances of winning.

http://www.psychologyofgames.com/2015/02/red-vs-blue-which-should-you-choose/

"How do people feel pressured to buy cosmetics? To what, look cool? Boost their ego? That's their problem."

You don't even know what you are talking about..

"Also, "not forcing people to buy cosmetics" and "pressuring people to buy cosmetics" don't make sense when you put them together because they contradict almost completely."

You can pressure someone without forcing them you moron.

last edited by Boocheus

@kraeyq said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

@captain-price Comics affect the chances of winning. There has been studies on how colors affect the brain and thus affect the chances of winning.

http://www.psychologyofgames.com/2015/02/red-vs-blue-which-should-you-choose/

I don't really see how that would apply here, since the color red is already available without micro-transactions.

@boocheus said in Please replace the planned micro transactions with a donate button. Thanks.:

Please be polite when using the forums, no need to insult another user.

Could you please explain this and break this down to pieces, so we understand how this works and maybe learn if we have completely missed something. I've asked you multiple times to explain this and back your claim. Now it's just a claim with nothing behind it and I have currently have no way seeing how this could be in anyway the company's fault.

@jensiii Ever heard of peer pressure? Good. Now you understand why cosmetic dlc is cancer.

last edited by Boocheus