Earning points!

So I'm just suggesting that, instead of waiting to level up to get 100 points, maybe we can get points in another way. One way is by getting kills and taking objectives. Get so many kills, you earn a certain amount of points and capturing an objective gives you extra points. Another way to add more points is when you get an achievement like Head banger, you get a extra certain amount of points, so it's not like you are waiting forever to get points.

last edited by TroyBoy

@troyboy Yes. So much this. It feels like right now, you have to very carefully plan out your spending in order to get the items you want. You can't mix it up at all, like say buying some cheaper items to tide you over until you get to the good stuff, because every credit is super precious.

NWI said at the current, you earn 100 credits per hour. That's 12 hours to unlock a single helmet... the only way I could see that being intended by design is if they were planning to sell credits which I sincerely hope they're not.

Let us have fun with the customization system and don't make it so restrictive.

Just counted the number of unlockable/purchasable cosmetics and there is 749 total cosmetic right now (barring bad counting).

538 insurgents
211 security

last edited by Kraeyq

the game needs challenges, get x amount of kills with weapon y, get x headshots with weapon y, that way we can earn more points cus 100 per level becomes a rather slow way to obtain them.

get kills
get headshots
take objectives
deal damage with
get a double kill with explosives
take objectives
finish a map without dying
melee someone to death with your primary/secondary

At the moment we can preview what the items look like, so ill just preview every item for each slot and make a mental list of what i want and i'd just unlock them when i can and wont even bother with the other items until I have a surplus of tokens left over, but if they add more which are 1k+ then having to save up ten levels worth for one item will take ages once you hit the late 20's

last edited by Depleted

@depleted Yes, right now I think the progression system needs a lot more fleshing out.

Back when I used to play Call of Duty 4, I played a match once where I nabbed an M14 rifle off a dead enemy. I ended up getting more kills with it than my primary and absolutely loved the weapon, but found out I needed several more level ups before it was available to pick for a loadout. So I grinded challenges and played tons for a few days to get the level ups needed to unlock the M14. It was great fun and felt extremely rewarding to have my hard work pay off in the form of this awesome new weapon.

I want something like that for Insurgency. If I see an item I really want, let me put the work in to get it.

@quadsword I know what you mean, it was like when I picked up my first m16, swapping out my terribad mp5 with RDS - I felt like a god, but I had to work my socks off to get and use that weapon again.
Also, Gold skinned weapons? 1000 kills and 100 hours use required maybe? Please oh lawd, gimme dat golden makarov and golden AKM lol, hell even tritium night sights for a ironsight replacement would be nice as I care more for weapon customisation than I do about character customisation, my insurgent is wearing peach/brown clothing and my sec force is wearing some camo pattern set, I blend in with most maps/backgrounds unless i'm on the crest of a hill or standing in the middle of a road in a urban area.

last edited by Depleted

I'm all about having daily or weekly goals as incentive to earn more credits but I don't want these goals to necessarily change a player's playstyle i.e. "play sniper class and get x number of kills" or "using melee to kill someone x amount of times"
Then it turns it into players focusing on this sub-objective throughout a round which takes away from everyone focusing on the actual objective of the round. The last thing I want is someone running around with a knife trying to kill someone the entire round and getting repeatedly demolished.

I am in full favor of earning extra credits for making the end of round/match board. Kills and objectives not so much. I would be happy on rewards being scaled to difficulty. Example; MVP 75€, Proffesional €50, Headbanger 25€. I would like to see kill rewards minimized to promote objectives. I would hate to see any system that promotes more team members hiding away from objective with a scoped bolt action in the name of credit farming.

An implementation of this would add a rewarding second source to earning Character Items and hopefully will also help newer players feel more driven to objective success.

@starsiege said in Earning points!:

I'm all about having daily or weekly goals as incentive to earn more credits but I don't want these goals to necessarily change a player's playstyle i.e. "play sniper class and get x number of kills" or "using melee to kill someone x amount of times"
Then it turns it into players focusing on this sub-objective throughout a round which takes away from everyone focusing on the actual objective of the round. The last thing I want is someone running around with a knife trying to kill someone the entire round and getting repeatedly demolished.

Goals like "get x kills with y weapon" are just incentives to try those firearms, and for most players they are just progression markers/bragging rights for others, if you ever played BFBC2, think of the weapon platinum stars, a star would signify 100 kills with that weapon.

If you don't want to try out the mp7 then you don't have to, you aren't missing out on anything as you can still complete challenges with your favourite weapons, you'll just never have any stats for the mp7.

It's not like you're being forced to use a makarov and knife only.

What we don't want is a system that promotes people being useless and just going for kill farming from long range to get massive points for single kills, i.e BFBC2's long range sniping point system which is more for showing off marksmanship skills, we need objective captures/contestants/cache destroyers to be rewarded to increase incentive to participate in helping your team, yet we don't want to give people the impression to go about speedrunning every objective and screwing over the rest of the team who will be constantly forced to relocate and struggle to get setup and have fun.

As the game is at the moment, you can do whatever you want, if you get a kill you get some points, if you do an objective you get even more points and can become the round MVP if you hold the most objectives taken/contested/capped/destroyed, it would be nice to have addition points for creative killing, well placed molotovs/incendiarys, multi-kills in short time spans, group kills with explosives and or support options, headshots, last bullet in the magazine kill, melee kills, tactical use of the flashbang to disorientate enemies, detonating a door with a enemy behind it, etc.

I for one would like a more indepth system for earning points, so the careful shooters can be just as rewarded as the commando who blows up caches and is there to cap every objective.

last edited by Depleted