Refunded the game.

I will wait to buy it again when the game is in a state that can be considered complete.

Here are all the reasons why i think the game needs A LOT more time before release:

-Too many bugs (ex. my male character has a woman's voice and has invisible pants)
-horrible animations
-horrible hit registry
-horrible damage model (2-3 bullets to kill with a bolt action sniper????)
-horrible recoil balance (some automatic guns have virtually no recoil, others are just ridiculous)
-Horrible optimization
-Cringy voice acting
-Feels like another BF/CoD clone
-unbalanced pace of the game
-unbalanced match duration (some duration end in 5 minutes, others last 40. it makes no sense)
-No sense of teamwork
-feels unpolished in general (ex. un-intuitive main menu UI & mouse sensitivity varies from in-game to in-menu)

And the list goes on.

The Devs want to sell us a half-baked game. We all know how well that went for No Man's Sky Dev team. Won't fool me twice.

The game needs much more time before being released. At this stage, it still feels like an early-access ALPHA.

So disappointed. This is coming from a person with more than 800 hours of Ins Source 😞

EDIT: I just noticed the game was delayed till December. And i am very glad they made that decision. However, i still wont pay anything for this game until i see its release state and reviews.

last edited by mohdak

@mohdak said in Refunded the game.:

The Devs want to sell us a half-baked game.

That's why they delayed the release, right?

Whiney little bitches, the game is great and they delayed till december,what is your problem? They aint trying to sell you SHIT

I just noticed the game was delayed till December. And i am very glad they made that decision. However, i still wont pay anything for this game until i see its release state and reviews.

@barryballsack said in Refunded the game.:

They aint trying to sell you SHIT

Yes they are LITERALLY trying to sell me this game, this is their entire purpose. They are a business company, they want to sell products to earn profit. LOL

Wow I wonder what a beta is.
Also the invisible pants means that you didn't delete your profile from beta 1 and they removed whatever clothing item you were wearing.
So that is your fault not theirs.

last edited by staryoshi06

@staryoshi06 said in Refunded the game.:

Wow I wonder what a beta is.

The game right now feels like an Alpha more than a Beta.

@staryoshi06 said in Refunded the game.:

Also the invisible pants means that you didn't delete your profile from beta 1 and they removed whatever clothing item you were wearing.
So that is your fault not theirs.

A perfect example of how the game is extremely unpolished

last edited by mohdak

@mohdak They already stated that beta is for optimisation, alpha is for nailing down the features of the game.
Which is very close to the actual software definition of alphas and betas.
So you're quite wrong.
And the fact they can't automatically delete your beta 1 profile is likely a steam issue, not their problem.

This Guy just tries to find an excuse to get his money back to pay his rent these devs are awesome and care more about the game and the community then money the game needs more time before releasing it and Thats why its delayd till december

I will wait to buy it again when the game is in a state that can be considered complete.

Here are all the reasons why i think the game needs A LOT more time before release:

-Too many bugs (ex. my male character has a woman's voice and has invisible pants)
-horrible animations
-horrible hit registry
-horrible damage model (2-3 bullets to kill with a bolt action sniper????)
-horrible recoil balance (some automatic guns have virtually no recoil, others are just ridiculous)
-Horrible optimization
-Cringy voice acting
-Feels like another BF/CoD clone
-unbalanced pace of the game
-unbalanced match duration (some duration end in 5 minutes, others last 40. it makes no sense)
-No sense of teamwork
-feels unpolished in general (ex. un-intuitive main menu UI & mouse sensitivity varies from in-game to in-menu)

And the list goes on.

The Devs want to sell us a half-baked game. We all know how well that went for No Man's Sky Dev team. Won't fool me twice.

The game needs much more time before being released. At this stage, it still feels like an early-access ALPHA.

So disappointed. This is coming from a person with more than 800 hours of Ins Source 😞

EDIT: I just noticed the game was delayed till December. And i am very glad they made that decision. However, i still wont pay anything for this game until i see its release state and reviews.

Your decision bur you seem to contradict yourself here.

No and you said it yourself.

I just noticed the game was delayed till December. And i am very glad they made that decision. However, i still wont pay anything for this game until i see its release state and reviews.

@mohdak Although I fully trust the developers of this game, that things will improve significantly as previous games, I understand where you are coming from. However, I can show you these two videos of Alpha and Beta stages of Ins2 and compare how much has changed since then. Maybe you will realise that things take time.

Alpha footage:
Youtube Video

Beta footage:
Youtube Video

Honestly this is one of the prime examples as to why I don't understand people judging the game based off an obviously unfinished/unpolished BETA. It's not the finished version of the game as shown on the top left corner with the title [BETA], and the developers is already risking the decision on delaying the game so that the finished version would be better than what they originally planned on releasing, so I don't know why you expect a BETA to be, by your standards, near-perfection judging off of your hastiness on refunding.

Remember that this game is developed by a small team compared with big AAA companies that have developed Battlefield 5/CODBO4's BETAs, so INS:S is a long way from being stable. In my opinion, NWI has been quick with updating INS:S from my experience with ALPHAs and BETAs. I've played the ALPHA for a number of hours and I can stay without a doubt that the game is so much better than before, but I agree that there are still blantant problems affecting the game's identity as an Insurgency game: heavy armor, TTK, optimization, hit registry, and sniper rifle damage.

And with your comment, "The Devs want to sell us a half-baked game. We all know how well that went for No Man's Sky Dev team. Won't fool me twice," there is a clear difference between them. NMS was done by a studio who didn't have a history of developing a procedurally-generated open-world sci-fi game, Hello Games got lucky with their advertising/marketing, THERE WAS NO OPEN ALPHA/BETA AT ALL, and that the director of the game let the hype control too much of their public image. I wasn't part of the hype train since I'm not interested in exploration games, but I was still skeptical and interested on how NMS will end up after release.

With INS:S, there is an open ALPHA/BETA (only for pre-orders though) so that us participants can critique the game ahead of time, NWI has a history of developing great hardcore FPS games like INS & DOI, and recently they want to take their time with updating and adding content. This forum, the few gigantic updates before, and the open BETA proves that the developers want people to critique INS:S ahead of time so that INS:S isn't "half-baked" whenthey release the game.

I'm surprised that you are impatient with the fixes and changes INS:S needs with NWI history on INS before. @io543 clearly shows NWI's history of sticking with INS before and after release, and I believe that based on their past actions, they'll keep on supporting and improving INS:S through more updates and a campaign they want to develop.

@mefirst I guess you missed the part where i said EDIT, in full caps and bold.

Just to make it clear for you, in case you did not get it the first time. When someone types EDIT, it means they have edited the post after it was posted. So this means that I realized they delayed the game AFTER i have made this post.

I hope this is enough clarification for you to know the definition of EDIT. If you need any more assistance with the English language please do not hesitate to ask.

last edited by mohdak

@bluemouse I really hope they deliver on what they promised. INS Source is literally my favorite FPS.

I have played many Betas before, and yes. They are almost near completion before release. All they need is a few tweaks here and there, and the game will be ready for the public.

But this game is no where near a Beta state with all the issues it has. It has a serious problem with its core mechanics. In a Beta stage, these issues must have been resolved LONG ago. It seems more like an early access Alpha.

This is why I refunded the game. Judging by history, games released after their beta stage are almost identical, only few minor glitches would have been resolved, and optimization and stuff like that. But since you showed that INS Source Beta was radically different than the release, this gives me hope in the developers.

I shall wait and see.

st to make it clear for you, in case you did not get it the first time. When someone types EDIT, it means they have edited

You could have also maybe invested 5 minutes into reading the forums, checking youtube, gaming sites or whatever. Then you would have known that the game got delayed and maybe you would have considered deleting 90% of your shitpost.

The Devs want to sell us a half-baked game.

The same could be said for nearly every game that comes out right these days.

@mohdak Well, it's not like the patient fanbase of NWI's games can stop you from refunding. I understand that the state of the game right now isn't as polished as I want it to be as well, but I personally trust in NWI as a developer and publisher; INS:S is one of the very few games that I pre-order at all. I never played the INS game during its ALPHA, BETA and the first couple of years, I've bought and played INS after all of the major updates that made INS what it is today, but I went ahead and looked up how INS looked like before, and I was blown away on NWI past actions with the game.

Anyways, it's your money and it's your choice. You can just follow how's the game is going on through YT freely, I recommend Karmakut since he's getting into the game a lot aside from Squad.

Hope the final release of the game is how you like it!

You know that playtime in the beta doesn't count towards the refund limit, right? You could put 300 hours into the beta, then get a full refund 1 day before release.

There's literally no risk.

@mohdak They just dropped another patch, but I guess you won't get to try it out and deliver feedback [WHICH IS THE WHOLE POINT]. Shame, these devs are doing it right ever since they released the beta; Always listening to the community, actually implementing community suggestions / game-play changes, non-stop optimization and performance increases and fixing countless bugs just to name a few.

It's called 'supporting' the devs and you surely aren't anymore. You just simply don't understand how this specific dev team operates. You've probably been brainwashed into thinking a beta just meaning 'get to play it sooner, nothing will change, it mas no more potential, what you see is probably what you're gonna get, cya next year for content', understandable because that's how majority of companies do it nowadays. But whatever, you did you.

@dafez said in Refunded the game.:

@mohdak Dude. It's a beta....

only that it felt like an Alpha with how incomplete the game is