Please nerf the shotguns

Its killing with more then 20mtr range!
I mean which shotgun can?

Probably most shotguns can, honestly.

and what about 50+ mtrs?

Buckshot can go up to 70 meters while being effective, same for slugs honestly. The power does drop off but im sure if some of that hit someones face at that range theyd still drop.

Armor? Not so much.

Edit: Even effective buckshot range is 30 meters.

last edited by Ziggylata

Heavy armour, I got died with shotgun at C on mountain(map) when enemy on B he shotgunned me on C and I still can't believe that!

If they used anything but slugs and even a quarter of the spread hit your face (which was probably flettchete which is better than the regular shot you use) then it would absolutely be lethal. Yes I do believe it. Shotguns fire metal at high speeds just like rifles, they just do it a bit different.

Perhaps you should rethink how you consider shotguns, they arent the pointblank only obliterators, where the shots evaporate past 20 feet, especially now that the game has ballistics the shotguns are probably going to be as accurate as can be expected. I think maybe flettchete should be more expensive but thats about it, theyre fine.

thnks for the info mate, never knew it!

I haven't found the shotguns to be too good. Their weakness is still shorter effective range than the other weapons have. Also you have to constantly load more shells in the gun one at a time.

@ziggylata said in Please nerf the shotguns:

Buckshot can go up to 70 meters while being effective, same for slugs honestly. The power does drop off but im sure if some of that hit someones face at that range theyd still drop.

Armor? Not so much.

Edit: Even effective buckshot range is 30 meters.

In real life 00 buckshot pellets are still lethal at 100 meter range. Slugs much more than that.
Source:
Youtube Video

last edited by Action83

@action83 I've actually found the loading of shells to be a positive. This way, you have complete control of how many shots you can fire before needing to reload. If the M870, for example, had an 8 round magazine, the rotating mag system would leave me with half-used mags that I reloaded to be able to enter engagements with a full gun. With individual reloading, none of those shots go to waste.

To the contrary, please buff other guns to share that same lethality Insurgency is known for.

I think flettchetes should cost 3 points, maybe more. Theyre way too useful compared to slugs for the 1 point cost.

A lot of video games give shotguns crazy wide spread making them worthless past maybe 10 yards. It's not realistic. Most shotguns really have pretty tight patterns at close range.