Australian Outback DLC?

just curious with the original game and now American Wilds coming soon, what would be people interest in maybe an Australian themed DLC maybe?

opinions? other ideas?

wow... awesome idea... that would be nice...imagine that nature... with an old land rover... that trees and plants out there... I would love to see something like that...

good question. New Zealand would also be interesting as there are a lot of logtrucks from
All truck manufacturers from Europe, USA, and Asia.
South America is also an interesting idea. when I look at some you tube videos

It would be awesome but francly with current graphic possibility of the game i prefer not and wait to see if things move on in two or three years on Mudrunner 2,the current fog all over the place and the color palette is too grim,considering the actual eastern landscape can be beautifull Ukraine Russia etc it pains to see things like that but i really hope things step up the next iteration of the game.

last edited by Raphael

but I'm afraid of kangaroo's. i got stuck in a kangaroo pouch as a little kid, and didn't find my way out until i was 14.. Seriously, that is a really cool thought. like the other's said it opens a whole new set of possibilities. Is there even mud, Down under?? or logging?. that is a part of the world that kinda get's overlooked here in the states.. Rufus

yo i just saw some pics and videos of australian logging, trucks etc. sound great, looks great would pay for it if done properly.

look at that bad boy, 8 points of load !! lets go

alt text

last edited by zamal

i hear what you fellas are saying, but this would not have to wait for the next version really imo. i will agree about the overall look and feel of stock maps, but if modders can tweak things to be not so bleak, then why not the game devs also?

also plenty of mud downunder. just check out off road vids from there (4WD Action Aus on YT i recommend to start lol). there is areas that are logged there as well. good to hear peoples thoughts and ideas. the main reason for me to bring this question up is that it will still be some time before MR2 will be ready for release, so why not get some ideas out there to add to the game and give some of us "older" players who have been playing this game for a very long time something new till then?

all this is just ideas and opinions, but mainly to have something to prolong the game more till the new version comes is the plan.

I always support good ideas. But remember that the ST developer(s) have never listened to the ideas and suggestions of players, which is quite strange these days when communities vote for things that they want to see in the game. Who asked for that USA dlc? Console players? They always just wanted mods, which I understand. Will this dlc have at least one vehicle able to rock climbing - because many US players want such vehicle?

@zamal said in Australian Outback DLC?:

yo i just saw some pics and videos of australian logging, trucks etc. sound great, looks great would pay for it if done properly.

look at that bad boy, 8 points of load !! lets go

alt text

That's a neat truck, but I have basically zero interest in seeing that in MR. It can go into some Australia themed pack for Euro Truck Simulator or something. In the mud that thing would be useless, and if we want to pull useless road trucks through the mud we already have 2 of those in MR now, and looks like we are getting 2 more with AW.

@morbid said in Australian Outback DLC?:

neat truck

obviously this would need to be changed, lets say modified to fit mudrunner terrain. u think any of those american trucks are capable of mud and all the obstacles that come in this game? no but they still are adding it, lol imagine freightliner in the mud... hey thats highway truck what is it doing in game...

@zamal said in Australian Outback DLC?:

obviously this would need to be changed, lets say modified to fit mudrunner terrain. u think any of those american trucks are capable of mud and all the obstacles that come in this game? no but they still are adding it, lol imagine freightliner in the mud... hey thats highway truck what is it doing in game...

Yeah I agree, that's why I'm not interested in the ones coming in AW either.

I think that could be fun having those trucks in the game. Just have to approach the map design a little different. A little less deep mud and more dirt, slightly muddy trials and some water swamps here and there would do just fine. After all, I get a little bit boring of just cut through this deep mud that sometimes mekes me spend 10 minutes to advance 500m. As I said in a previous post somewhere, I would like to see other type of approaches to the maps, like narrow roads on cliffs and thigs like that. Little villages, broken bridges etc. I've seen some good maps out there, but they ain't easy to find.
This is my favorite one:
https://stmods.ru/spintires_mudrunner/mods/karta_gorodskaya_okraina_by_mihail130zil_for_mudrunner/

@deathcoreboy1 from stream u can see map design is very different much more asphalt overall for weak trucks like bison and freightliner which are not capable in mud

@zamal Yes! and I really appreciate that. I've been playing this game since OOVEE times (2015) so I think i'ts normal for me to want some different approaches 😛

last edited by deathcoreboy1