Will the camera system be the same?

will the camera system be replaced with a standard camera system? (up, down, left, right, in, out)
or will it keep a similar setup to Spintires? (Feels like dragging around a 10ft long camera by the lens)

No real official answer yet here, but I would assume that the camera will not be messed with. It's not really all that bad for such a strange game.

@RoughRider said in Will the camera system be the same?:

No real official answer yet here, but I would assume that the camera will not be messed with. It's not really all that bad for such a strange game.

But nevertheless could be improved. 😉

More customizable I suppose.

I think they said or implied in a Facebook post that they would get rid of the auto-zoom.
But they shied away from talking about the camera controls in general. Which makes me think it's staying this way.
If I may believe Oovee, they didn't like the camera either, but this was something Pavel was very adamant about.

@ottonl said in Will the camera system be the same?:

If I may believe Oovee, they didn't like the camera either, but this was something Pavel was very adamant about.

exactly. the camera was the biggest complaint from day 1 of the original release, but yet it was never changed other than the auto zoom being added. i even asked pavel if the auto zoom in the original version could be removed and he said it could be removed, but in the end the only thing he ended up doing was putting a longer delay on the auto zoom. i can understand pavel being a little hard headed with "his game" but to release it and not really listening to the customers was a bad move imo. hopefully this will actually change with a new publisher heading things.

once you get used to it, it is not all that bad. however i do think it could be improved, but really though it does make sense for being able to see directly in front of the vehicles to see the terrain/obstacles better.

last edited by A Former User

You can't even see your truck properly. Needs fixing asap

@bronson that is kind of the point. it is for seeing in front of the trucks not at them. but everyone has their opinions. you have yours and i have mine, but in the end i would still play either way. would you agree?

Yep, camera system allows a unique perspective that is kind of NEEDED for this game. It allows you to focus from many more angles that regular system does. You guys just have to give it a try and get used to it.
It is not bad, it's just different and this is why most people find it annoying.

exactly, i don't know what all the fuss is about (except for the autozoom, that's really a bit annoying)

the camera is good to look around your truck, which you need to do a lot given the environment you're driving in. play the game for longer than 10 minutes and you get the hang of it

Right! Once mastered the cam, it's the best to watch the surrounding of the truck.
But i would suggest some enhancements to make it better usable.
2-3 user predefined angles and a bit more zoom out...

@schlammspringer i will agree on more predefined cam angles, mainly it would be nice to switch from left to right side of the truck like with ST+ (hold shift while toggling the cam off sets the cam to the right side of the truck).

a bit more zoom is also very nice to see.

If this game doesn't have a traditional orbital camera I'm not buying it

I would like to see a simulator-style cam added, maybe with another game mode Casual/Hardcore/Sim

Would be locked to 1st person, but with mirrors/lean out the window view (similar to American Truck Simulator). And if you're stopped you can have free cam around the truck, simulating getting out and checking the terrain. Thats how you have to do it when offroading..

Please consider this, at least to coincide with VR support update that must be coming!

https://imgur.com/a/rCJr6

feedback from Steam about the camera...