Add tear gas.

I feel like tear gas would actually make gas masks useful, maybe as both a grenade and in a launcher. Maybe it makes your vision really blurry or lowers visibility by 50% or something. It would be a welcome addition imo.

I second this, but also as a support option to rival chemical mortars for security forces

Agreed. It would be a good game mechanic for Security to have something they can use to force Insurgents to don masks as well.

CS can be deployed from a 40mm launcher or hand grenade. I'm not aware of any CS mortar round in existence as those are not used by police agencies, and technically tear gas falls under treaties banning the use of chemical weapons in warfare. There are CS gas shotgun loads though, which could be interesting.

@maa_bunny said in Add tear gas.:

I'm not aware of any CS mortar round in existence as those are not used by police agencies, and technically tear gas falls under treaties banning the use of chemical weapons in warfare. There are CS gas shotgun loads though, which could be interesting.

There's the M630 that can be fired from an M30 (107mm mortar):

0_1537457622262_9dfdbeae-416a-4c76-92d7-1ab6cf932719-image.png

I am still pretty sure that in this imaginary universe chemical weapons are still banned for use during wars, and that security is on the "Good guys" team. I think that insurgents need to get more gasses and other goodies to counter two helicopters. That will be more believable.

@kean_1 Huh, interesting! Wonder if it was ever used by the US ...

@maa_bunny said in Add tear gas.:

@kean_1 Huh, interesting! Wonder if it was ever used by the US ...

In wartime? ....perhaps in earlier conflicts before the Chemical Weapons Convention agreement 20 years ago. I really don't know.

If you're interested, here's a 1985 M30 operators manual with a list of cartridges that could be used in it (inlcd the M630):

https://books.google.com/books?id=uj0YAAAAYAAJ&pg=SA4-PA7&lpg=SA4-PA7&dq=M630+CS+Gas+Cartridge&source=bl&ots=C1l8Pl-fqH&sig=GfD8Ul3wATsR2_n30vDEk66hI44&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjazNrQ8sndAhVnCDQIHXeBAFYQ6AEwEnoECAEQAQ#v=onepage&q=M630 CS Gas Cartridge&f=false

The reason it is banned is to prevent enemy forces from mistaking it for actual chemical weapons, and thus they do not retaliate in kind.

@jesus-man the reason tear gas is banned is to prevent enemies from mistaking it for actual chemical weapons and thus not retaliate in kind. IMO it is perfectly believable for security to have it because U.S troops do use tear gas in riot control, and I bet any Iraqi paramilitary force would have it for a similar reason.

@guacamole I also heard another reason, it's hard to control gasses in open, gust of wind - and you have crying civilians all over the place. Not good for the press. Also riot control and warfare are two different things.

But I know too little about it, so...

last edited by Jesus Man

But I dont think it is so far of a stretch to use it in game.