Can we add manual reload for shotguns and bolt action?

Option to reload your guns when you want would be a nice addition, thank you.

isnt that already the case? what do you mean...

If you reload before your ammo in the barrel is depleted you just add more rounds to fill it up …. is that not how it works since the last time I played??

@niska What?

Do you mean load each round literally by one? Like when you need to load an empty shotgun, you will have to press the R button eight times?

@Niska it seems like you aren't aware that pressing the "fire" button, left mouse, interrupts your reload animation.

If you desire to only reload 1 round at a time, press R, wait for shell to register in your ammo count, then press mouse 1. I constantly reload just a shell or two, then get back around a corner to finish off the last guy i couldn't get the first time.

If you want to stay on target after you take a shot to make sure you made a hit (important for snipers with high powered scopes) all you have to do is hold down the left mouse button (Default Fire button) instead of clicking it when taking a shot. After releasing it you will automatically cycle the pump or bolt of your firearm.

Hope this helps in the meantime as I'm assuming you want an option similar to that in the Red Orchestra series (Manual Bolt) after clicking to take a shot you had to than click again to cycle a new round in the chamber.

last edited by Sharpeyehodgey

I want to push left mouse button to fire, then press left mouse button again to cycle next round in the chamber. I don't want to hold it down, I want to feel like I'm reloading.

@niska said in Can we add manual reload for shotguns and bolt action?:

I want to push left mouse button to fire, then press left mouse button again to cycle next round in the chamber. I don't want to hold it down, I want to feel like I'm reloading.

Huh? After firing it cycles automatically.

@thehappybub
@Niska was replying to the comment directly above that said that you can hold down left click to delay the automatic cycle

Personally, I don’t really understand why some players like to manually chamber rounds and I didn’t like to use it in games where it was an option (verdun, post scriptum, etc.), but I see no reason not to have it as an option for those who do. I wouldn’t consider it a major concern right now given all the other changes that the devs are working on, but I’d think this would be fairly simple to add for those who want it.

last edited by EyeofHorus

Yes, the point is I don't want it to "cycle automatically". I want to do it myself.

why stop there. Why don't we get 5 minutes before a round starts in order to manually fill up our magazines. I wanna press 25x Button per magazine to fill it up. Would be realistic. What is this game even.

(/s)

Lmao @Benz your responses always crack me up. You're also type right.

@niska said in Can we add manual reload for shotguns and bolt action?:

Actually, this is already a thing.

The shotgun does pump automatically, but you can cycle shotguns and bolt-action rifles faster by double-clicking each time you fire.

#TheMoreYouKnow