FIX SHOTGUN: REDUCE POWER

It is horrible to see the players as they kill people at absurd distances. It's too powerful, the range should be reduced.

What do you think about it ?

It's fantastic. Maybe you've never used a shotgun in real life. You'd still be taking down targets at range no issue. Flechettes being an upgrade though, is backwards. Just youtube "flechettes test". They have less range than buck, spread MORE, and dont have the stopping power of buck. They should spread more, and have a lower effective range. Regular shot should act like the flachettes do currently in game.

PS i assume we're only talkilng about the m870. The TOZ is garbage.

In reality 12ga 000 buck has an effective range out to ~50yds (~45m). Slugs, over 100yds. Fletchettes should be a least option, ok for up close room clearing. The devs need to add buck as an option. Otherwise, I don't see a problem.

@mamba said in FIX SHOTGUN: REDUCE POWER:

The devs need to add buck as an option.

Isn't that the default ammo type if you don't equip either of the specialty ammos?

@maa_bunny said in FIX SHOTGUN: REDUCE POWER:

Isn't that the default ammo type if you don't equip either of the specialty ammos?

Dunno....I don't see anything in the Loadout menu about default ammo.

last edited by Mamba

@lordsiggi I agree with this gentlemen no end. Use one in real life my dude, they are beautiful things. the distance is accurate to real life in this game. Add birdshot for memes it would decimate non-armored nerds and if the devs added an aimpunch system it should fucking blow the armored targets off there feet.

Side note PLS add a double barrel I will never use another gun. unless you add an Enfield then ill use that too. model it off a Beretta 682 super-sport, no reason XD

Which ammo? Buckshot? Flechettes? Slugs?

I think only Flechettes need a nerf. Their spread is too tight.

Shotguns are good, maybe they need to cost more points for versus/competitive, but nerfing them to be unrealistically bad isn't the answer.

@mamba
if you dont click on flechette or slug you get Buck automatically.