AP Bullets and Ambush

Does anyone know if Armour Piercing bullets will make it into the game because I would really love to see this happen. I haven’t seen or heard anything on the matter so I was wondering if anyone else has! Secondly I still want Ambush please make it happen I will keep posting about it as it is almost a must for me. Love this game but it won’t stand the test of time for me if Ambush does not become a thing. I could even deal with Elimination but preferably Ambush. Ambush is life! Please I beg of you!!!

I know technically not “technical” lol but don’t care it’s very important to me and I want this seen! I also posted the same topic in general so please upvote and or comment away!

If armor worked as it should, every 5.56 round should tear straight through armor. If the rifles were ranked based on caliber then AP rounds would be a moot point on anything other than sidearm calibers.

@thehappybub Level III hard armor is quite effective against 5.56mm FMJ. There's a reason the army has the M995 armor piercing ammo.

@MAA_Bunny https://youtu.be/oMYkEMhPsO8
2:30. Its a type iii plate. There's tons of videos like this.

Furthermore, type iii and iiia is not even rated against 5.56 black tips, given that manufacturers know that it's not even worth trying as it'll go right through.

last edited by thehappybub

@thehappybub That's not "every round tearing strait through armor." It's a really interesting video, but it is also a non-standard round being fired from a non-standard barrel, and at very close range.

Modern armor does, in fact, stop bullets. Petty frequently in fact. It's why soldiers wear it.

last edited by MAA_Bunny

@maa_bunny said in AP Bullets and Ambush:

@thehappybub Level III hard armor is quite effective against 5.56mm FMJ. There's a reason the army has the M995 armor piercing ammo.

5.56 AP is like a teenage boy, loves penetrating things 😉
I'd kinda like AP back seemings it would give us the old TTK and way to counter heavy armor. but meh

for the time being if you want a way to counter Heavy Armor, shotguns with flechette rounds do a great job.

@zucchini Heavy Armor already does nothing. Basically, every gun in the game defeats Heavy Armor in CQB with 1-2 shots.

hint any .308 rifle with a Long Barrel (except the SCAR) one-shots Heavy Armor in CQB

Heavy armor needs a buff against the calibers it actually counters, and the weapons with more penetrative rounds like 5.56 and the MP7's special ap rounds need to cost more points.

Heavy armor should cost more in versus/competitve too.

@marksmanmax Go play battlefield then if that’s what your looking for lol! Buffing heavy armour would be the death of this game for me and many that remain optimistic because we were told we would basically be getting “the insurgency we know and love” just with all the perks of a new engine.

@thehappybub Sorry that above statement was meant more or less for you!

@planetcanada said in AP Bullets and Ambush:

@thehappybub Sorry that above statement was meant more or less for you!

Oh shit nevermind lmao

EDIT: Fuck it I'll delete my other post.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@planetcanada bf takes multiple headshots to kill. Thats not what I'm advocating for. I'm saying that armor should do what its designed for, which is stopping a range of torso shots. An unarmored target should be 1 shot. Hitting an armored target not in the torso should be 1 shot. But having heavy armor should let you soak up quite a bit of rounds to the chest unless you're getting shot with AP rounds or 5.56s.

@thehappybub I mean, I don't mean to insult or anything but the changes you've suggested around here for TTK aren't really good for the game IMO. Tanking maybe 4-5 AK rounds isn't a good way to balance things. TTK should still be pretty low.

Don't turn this into Escape From Tarkov lmao (although now armor in that game seems pretty useless, I must admit).

Extensive discussion about ttk and armor here:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/30434/ttk-needs-a-kick-up-the/121

Tanking 5 ak rounds to the chest would not be a game breaker at all, especially since heavy armor in versus/comp should cost much more points.

@thehappybub said in AP Bullets and Ambush:

Extensive discussion about ttk and armor here:
https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/30434/ttk-needs-a-kick-up-the/121

Tanking 5 ak rounds to the chest would not be a game breaker at all, especially since heavy armor in versus/comp should cost much more points.

5 AK rounds to the chest? The MP7 kills in four torso shots at like 952 RPM. That indeed "would" be gamebreaking.

I don't want EFT's TTK in Sandstorm, plz.

@MarksmanMax Youtube Video

Once again this is to the little square of plate around the chest. How is a little box on the chest of a player that can take 5 ak rounds gamebreaking? I still don't get it. If you're gonna spray close range you'll be hitting their head, crotch, thighs, arms which would all still 1 shot them currently.

@thehappybub Arm, thigh and crotch shots do not one-shot. I can't believe how many people don't know this.

Also, the Heavy Armor plate does protect your groin. Mikee said it on-stream I believe.

5 shots of any gun in SS is too high, even for pistols.