Current Issues

So I wanted to toss a few things out there that have been frustrating me the most as of late. I will not discuss TTK anymore I leave it in the hands of the insurgency gods. I will just say that at the very least please please do not add to the TTK that is all. Please know that some of these are just my opinions but I feel strongly about them and truly hope they at least are considered. I would also like to mention that AMBUSH is a must please I know several people that still play it (and only it) on source and will not purchase SS unless Ambush is added.

#1- The hit registry is still very broken I recorded a few videos of myself clearly shooting people as far as my iron sight was concerned (almost point blank) and nothing happening but could not figure out how to put them on here. I also have video proof of this from the recap even though only certain matches are in the recap? Never the less I assure you it is still in need of much attention.

#2- The very much discussed optimization it’s obvious it still needs improvement. I am running a i-7 8700K with 16Gig HyperX Furry ram and a GTX1080 and playing Push I range anywhere from 55fps(high action) to 120 fps(low action) with settings on very high for the most part (AUTO). This is quite lower than every other game I play (Squad, R6, ARMA3) I get damn near 400 fps playing counter-strike.

#3- Still not getting spawned in with the new wave after death sometimes. It’s extremely annoying to wait sometimes up to a minute just to watch basically your entire team spawn and you remain dead. Especially when it’s your last wave and now your team has no reinforcements. Both of these scenarios have happened to me several times.

#4- The vaulting and climbing still needs much improvement. Why is it so difficult to climb small boxes and objects? The sweet spot to activate a vault is really hit or miss and gets me killed all the time. I fail to climb things that I promise I could have climbed as a 5 year old. I get they have a lot of weight on them but common guys it needs to improve.

#5- Why is it so difficult to prone sometimes? Anytime you hit the prone button your guy should drop. Ever heard of hit the dirt? How about a dive feature at least. Leave it the way it is but if I hold shift+prone my guy dives and I’m not talking a huge long dive just “hits the dirt”! So many deaths because my guy very slowly has to ready himself to lay down? While being shot at?

#6- Is weapon jamming a thing or not? I have seen this several times where I do a ammo check or reload and my active mag is red? And I can’t fire. It’s not a blue mag or a partial or an empty mag it is clearly red in colour. And I must reload or discard the mag. Gets me killed often. Would just like to know what’s happening.

#7- I know hip fire is unreliable but if the person is chewing on the barrel of my rifle I can’t imagine how those bullets could possibly miss. Maybe hit reg.. again. I don’t know.

Anyways once again most of these are just MY OPINION and if you agree great if you don’t that’s fine too leave a comment and I would be more than happy to discuss. That is if you managed to make it this far! Bottom line I do really like the game and want it to succeed. Insurgency has been and I hope it remains my favourite game.

Captain Price if you read this your my hero man lol. I upvoted your post. A drink or two may have been involved. Please don’t lock this!

@planetcanada said in Current Issues:

Captain Price if you read this your my hero man lol. I upvoted your post. A drink or two may have been involved. Please don’t lock this!

Lmao.

But yeah I do agree. In terms of priority though, I'd say Optimization and AI should be first. They mess up gameplay in so many ways, a lot of what you're saying may be due to optimization (no hit detection, for example).

Welcome back to reasonable street where drinks and posts are maybe not the best companions! 😉
I get where you are coming from though, I was getting really frustrated with the game and the changes from ins2, loved the graphics update, the atmosphere, the sound design, the effects, the models, the maps (some more than others obviously) but the fps, stuttering, frame drops, lag spikes, hit reg, ttk, the feeling that you were being hunted by wallhack toting noobs (AI), the scoring system which incentivised rushing to the next objective instead of teamwork was really frustrating me.

I am fine with the ttk now since the last update, double tap and you're done, still of course there are many occasions where the optimisation issues get you killed, when the fps drops to 50 from 100-120 and that huge stutter happens then it is obvious your actions are no longer getting communicated. And when the chaos kicks off, the smoke, mortars, technicals etc. and fps tanks again then it is extremely difficult to keep on top of the situation. So I think if they could get to grips with the poor performance then it would really help with the perceived ttk and hit reg issues.

The AI obviously needs more work, a biggie for me currently (apart from the wallhack hunted feeling) is that they can see what they should not be able to, through vegetation, smoke, kicked up dust etc. That was also a problem in ins2 where you could not see them but they would be shooting you.

A couple of things I have found to have a better experience (while anxiously waiting for the next update!) ...

1. Set all graphics settings to low/off and put on supersampling 2X (at least then you can see what's happening) and
    maybe the textures and anisotropic filtering up a bit (I changed recently from a 980ti to a 1080ti and that made very little difference to performance and my cpu is not maxed out so obviously there is something seriously lacking in optimisation)
  2. LEAN everywhere! on every corner! and always check your corners. It gives you much needed extra time to line up your shots before the AI reacts.

@gprologitech All good stuff thanks for the reply! And ya I hear ya I probably should have mentioned in my OP that this is all playing Versus as I haven’t played any of the co-op and have little interest myself. With a big group of friends I could see it being entertaining but for me I need to be playing against humans!

Agree with nearly every point mentioned thus far - the issues with hit detection and micro-freezes / optimization (25% gpu usage and 45% cpu at 40-70fps but 99% vram NWI? Really?) are whats underminding most of my experiences in Sandstorm these days. Hopefully the next patch will be a direct address for this problems, but it is a little disappointing that it's taking this long to to acheive basic parity with most other UE4 titles. If nothing else, at least they have the extra time they seem to need until release now.

last edited by 11.11.11