Vehicle Presentation: Introducing the D-537!

0_1551345720239_D-537MudRunner_Cards_1200x630.jpg

MudRunner is the ultimate version of the million-selling indie hit Spintires, releasing on October 31st this year on PC, and for the first time on consoles.

Like Spintires before it, MudRunner will put players in the driver’s seat of a variety of incredible all-terrain vehicles, venturing across extreme Siberian landscapes with only a map and compass as their guides.

In the lead-up to release, we plan to do a weekly presentation of the iconic vehicles from the game. That means that every Friday, you can expect a blog post describing a vehicle. This will also be a great place to ask questions about the vehicle specifically, how it handles, and the niche it fills.

0_1551345883710_1508505324371-d-537-1.jpg

Vehicle Description:

The D-537 is the vehicle that’s going to get you out of trouble. Getting stuck in mud, and washed away while crossing a river is dangerous, but with a D-537 at your call, you can recover.

Game Stats:

The D-537 has a fuel capacity of 600L, and features all-wheel drive, as well as a constantly active differential lock. It can take up to 800 units of damage. Costing 4 balance points, once unlocked, the D-537 will be a great safety net for when something just goes wrong.

0_1551345897679_1508505354914-d-537-2.jpg

Strengths

The D-537 is great at crossing terrain that most other vehicles can’t. It’ll get where you need it to save other vehicles that are outside their comfort zone.

Weaknesses

The D-537 is a very heavy vehicle, and so uses a lot of fuel very quickly. It’s quite slow and takes a while to steer, too.

0_1551345913574_1508505371206-d-537-3.jpg

Attachments

The D-537 doesn’t have the largest complement of attachments, but it more than makes up for this weakness in its ability to haul them across extremely difficult terrain.

These are:

• Fuel Semitrailer – Trailer that carries Fuel
  • Garage Parts – Carries 2 Garage Parts
  • Garage Trailer – Trailer that carries 2 Garage Parts
  • Log Carriage – Trailer that carries Short Logs
  • Short Log Trailer – Carries Short Logs
  • Spare Wheel – Can repair self
  • Trailer Hitch – Allows trailers to be pulled
  • Utility Trailer – Can repair other vehicles

You can pre-order MudRunner for PC on Steam now. Owners of Spintires will benefit from an exclusive 50% discount, on top of a 10% discount on all pre-orders. Pre-order now here: http://bit.ly/MudRunner_Steam

last edited by Jellyfoosh

Finally some 8x8!
But thing that makes me sad is there is no crane attachement this time...

Paired with the C-256 I could see this being a great vehicle for hauling large loads of logs across boggy terrain quickly.

I was hoping to see original heavy vehicle transporting trailer in list of attachments alt text

@yardsale said in Vehicle Presentation: Introducing the D-537!:

Paired with the C-256 I could see this being a great vehicle for hauling large loads of logs across boggy terrain quickly.

They took away the possibility to haul long or medium logs with the 537 or 535. I don´t understand that decision.

last edited by Eversman

@alpscruiser I meant that the D-537 could be a designated towing vehicle for solo players. You could attach short logs to the D-547 and the long logs to the C-256 and complete an objective.

Also they probably designed the truck to not haul medium and long logs because it would be unbalanced imo because the D-537 looks like a beast. If it plays the same as the one in Spintires then it'll be a beast.

last edited by Yardsale

Will this 537 have the same issues with the differential lock as the 535 does?
I don't know if anyone noticed that the 535 has a problem with the differential lock.
The 4 wheels on the front aren't really locked, they behave like they were open differential. I don't know of it is how it is supposed to be or if it meant to be this way.
In the old spintires it was a full 8 wheel differential lock.

Edit: Ok I just watched a video online and it's supposed the be like it is on the game, it isn't a 100% differential lock, the wheels when losing traction spin at different speeds.

last edited by Arshad

i hope the maz-537 has a 525hp engine just like the maz-7310 just like in real life
and not a copy pasted engine file from the 375hp maz-535