Foregrip / compensator feels like a mandatory attachment

The difference either of these attachments makes on a weapon's handling is unreal. They feel mandatory on a lot of weapons unless you like having your shots fly wildly off target.

Shame, too, because I much prefer running my guns without a foregrip since I just don't like the way it looks on most weapons. But I just can't adjust to the recoil on most weapons without it.

(Also, the recoil reduction from crouching feels a little too OP. As in, your gun essentially becomes a laser. Feels like that should be dialed down a bit so recoil control is still a thing even while crouched.)

@quadsword said in Foregrip / compensator feels like a mandatory attachment:

recoil reduction from crouching feels a little too OP

I'd have to disagree. Taking a more stable shooting stance does in reality, and should in game, do wonders for your recoil control. This favors tactical play and positioning.

I agree about the compensators though. In game they seem to reduce overall recoil by a certain percentage, when in reality compensators simply redirect muzzle gas in a specific direction depending on the compensator and the firearm. As such, it would only ever affect recoil in one direction (either vertical or horizontal) and to a much lesser degree than it does currently in game.

@thehappybub said in Foregrip / compensator feels like a mandatory attachment:

I'd have to disagree. Taking a more stable shooting stance does in reality, and should in game, do wonders for your recoil control. This favors tactical play and positioning.

And i'm gonna have to disagree with that statement.
From my experience crouching will help in taking more accurate shots as you can have more support points for holding your weapon resulting in less sway.
But as for the recoil i find a good stance standing up a way better shooting position for absorbing recoil compared to crouching.
When standing its alot easier to lean into it and you'll be able to flex from your knees as well.

I can do fine without a foregrip, but the compensator is definitely necessary to mitigate the heavy RNG recoil. Don't nerf compensators, remove RNG.

last edited by cyoce

@shields said in Foregrip / compensator feels like a mandatory attachment:

@thehappybub said in Foregrip / compensator feels like a mandatory attachment:

And i'm gonna have to disagree with that statement.
From my experience crouching will help in taking more accurate shots as you can have more support points for holding your weapon resulting in less sway.
But as for the recoil i find a good stance standing up a way better shooting position for absorbing recoil compared to crouching.
When standing its alot easier to lean into it and you'll be able to flex from your knees as well.

I'm gonna have to disagree with your disagreement! Aha!

I guess I'm just speaking from personal experience, so this is really just me. I lean in just as much with my shoulders when I crouch (more like kneeling on one knee). Having the back foot to the rear stabilizes my overall body more, plus I don't have to devote as much strength in my left forearm to hold the rifle up, given that my left elbow is resting on my left knee. This gives me more direct control of keeping the barrel down when counteracting vertical recoil (not to mention reducing sway as you mentioned). The grip I use on most rifles is kind of a C-grip with my index finger pointed forward (and not quite as forward as people usually C-grip). I was just taught to shoot this way for CQC, the reasoning being that it lets you control recoil more and also you tend to point accurately so it could increase the accuracy of quick unsighted shots (whether it does or doesn't is beyond me, I just do what I'm told lol). Given the grip I use though, the only foregrip I ever use is an angled foregrip.

If I used a regular foregrip, as in the game, I guess the grip I described would be impossible, so idk if crouching would still have such a positive effect, but I still feel like it would make recoil control a lot more stable.

@cyoce said in Foregrip / compensator feels like a mandatory attachment:

I can do fine without a foregrip, but the compensator is definitely necessary to mitigate the heavy RNG recoil. Don't nerf compensators, remove RNG.

Said what I wanted to say far better than I could. That's something I've noticed when I run without a compensator - recoil feels a lot more random.
(Not related, but how come the compensator doesn't appear on the weapon model anymore?)