A distinctive vehicle for security forces

Security forces could use a Humvee or some other military light vehicle instead of a technical. #Immersion #Believable

@jensiii yea I also thought it was weird they didn't have a hmmwv or mrap.

I’m assuming the main reason they haven’t is because of pvp balance issues; Humvees offer a lot more protection than technicals. I agree that they should at least look different though.

@eyeofhorus said in A distinctive vehicle for security forces:

I’m assuming the main reason they haven’t is because of pvp balance issues; Humvees offer a lot more protection than technicals. I agree that they should at least look different though.

I thought stock humvees didn’t have much for protection since they were never really designed for the sort of front line combat they saw.

Humvees are a no-go due to copyright reasons. If you haven't read the news, some game companies were being sued by HUMVEE for profiting off the inclusion of their vehicle. YOU CAN'T HAVE HUMVEES.

@musicnote said in A distinctive vehicle for security forces:

Humvees are a no-go due to copyright reasons. If you haven't read the news, some game companies were being sued by HUMVEE for profiting off the inclusion of their vehicle. YOU CAN'T HAVE HUMVEES.

Press F to enter Humvee Military 4x4

@musicnote said in A distinctive vehicle for security forces:

They don't need to be exact replica HMMWVs though. NWI could cheese it and tweak certain technical aspects of it. There's some rule about how many specific differences make something untouchable by copyright law.

@tooth-decay

That’s an interesting idea, but you know how lawyers are. I’d hope that the devs could find a way to implement such a thing. (I don’t know how it would affect the game, gunplay and balance-wise, though)

@musicnote If they at least made the security technical a little more, well security-like. Maybe give it the security logo on the side, give it the shrapnel windows. Anything to differentiate it!

I did'nt know that thing about the lawsuits. Bu there are probably other military light vehichles that can be used instead of HUMVEE. As long as it has a military feel instead of the uncle-Bob's-pickuptruck-with-.50-cal-bolted-on the back-of-it-feel.

@jensiii said in A distinctive vehicle for security forces:

uncle-Bob's-pickuptruck-with-.50-cal-bolted-on the back

That's exactly what the feel of the technical is.

@thehappybub Oh, I get what you mean. Yeah, there should be a difference between insurgent and security technicals. Maybe different bumpers or a different car body. Some sort of radio equipment in the passenger seat.... an emblem...something to make them different from each other.

A generic "truck with mounted machine gun" doesn't require licencing. A vehicle known as a "HUMVEE" does, and they would have to pay Humvee to have their vehicle in the game. Bet that's why it's not in yet, and likely won't be.

@amurka I mean yeah, but if you were to read the thread you would see, that the new suggestion is to simply distinguish the security vehicle and not necessarily make it into a hmmvw

It would need to have the same aspect as the technical, open area where the gunner is, and not that much protection, maybe like this one, idk what its called just found it on google, like making it 4 seat and it done.

0_1538270877875_67d3921e-6c63-46d5-bb27-f080438ad092-image.png

@freedn yea thats cool. I don't think that has a name its just a jeep technical

perhaps this

http://www.radiodixie.cz/data/images/clanky/Guntrucks%20USA/F-350.jpg
its a Ford F-350 used by American contractors in Iraq, looks very unique and comes with a gun shield (needed for balance)

last edited by STARSBarry

I guess that's some sort of SOV (Special Operations Vehicle). Arma: OA had a similar kind of vehicle and it was just named SOV.

EDIT: I'm referring FreedN post

last edited by jensiii