One more complaint about freindly markers and general TK notification.

I'm getting TKed in co-op by people who don't even realise they're TKing me.

We can't see friendly markers unless we've already been aiming at someone for a certain amount of time. How is that useful when 1-2 shots kill a friendly? Oh, and at a distance more than a stone-throw too.

And some more notification other than a standard message in the chat window. Like "HEY FUCKER YOU'RE KILLING A FRIENDLY" through their headphones? How about that?

Something needs to be done about it. It's flat-out ridiculous the amount of accidental TK going on.

(Whatever happened to 1:1 TK-self damage? People sure learn quick with that rule in place.)

last edited by sgdg54ytrhtf

Well, here is my opinion from "come back kid" instances. Someone decides to RPG a cap house as soon as the capper respawns everyone leaving the capper dead and the team still around to move on. Someone decides to machine gun everything in sight including me when I am trying to evade a swarm of enemies. Someone decides to order a nuke when he knows there are friendlies outside that got the situation under control. In reality, this is the free will portion of the game that will not change. You really need to consider who you play with if you want to continue the round understanding the team you have. Choice is yours, but others have the same freedom.

I don't mind the system in place, but it wouldn't hurt to implement more interface for friendly markers or give the options like FC5 does in their settings menu.

I can agree with you on on-screen notifications.

@sgdg54ytrhtf said in One more complaint about friendly markers and general TK notification.:

How is that useful when 1-2 shots kill a friendly?

Teammates could take 2 headshots from you if their health hasn't been somehow depleted already. You can test that in the pregame lobby lol.

There was some post in a different TK thread that suggested having separate counters for fire support TKs that I liked. There are so many things notifying players about fire support incoming including multiple visual (in chat like 5 times) and audio cues, plus literal colored smoke on the site. Also the amount of time it takes to arrive is pretty long for players to realize and notice all of these notifications.

I do however notice that I sometimes accidentally tk someone and it won't give me the "1 of 3" notifications.

@zafer said in One more complaint about freindly markers and general TK notification.:

You really need to consider who you play with if you want to continue the round understanding the team you have. Choice is yours, but others have the same freedom.

I like to think that more often than not it is accidental.

In CO-OP you don't choose your team, not everyone plays with the same team or is able to be part of a team for many reasons.

I've confused a female "security" figure wearing a head scarf for an insurgent on more than one occasion, by holding fire to be sure, you often end up dead as the bots seem to be able to accurately head shot you at 100 metres from the hip.

Often hitting friendlies happens if the player runs in front of a person lining up a shot with a scope, Or you've thrown an incendiary/molotov and a friendly runs through the flames, you can't control that.

All I ask is that if you accidentally TK me, give me a quick apology in the chat or headphones, it's only polite. I know I always do.
Shit happens.

@ehwot said in One more complaint about freindly markers and general TK notification.:

give me a quick apology in the chat or headphones, it's only polite

I find that most ppl do this anyway if they actually accidentally killed you. If someone doesn't reply more often than not they end up being trolls.

@thehappybub Yeah, Agreed. TBH I only play the Australian server, and the vast majority of players seem to be pretty good.