Get rid of the reload upon respawn or add brief spawn protection

This is pretty annoying especially in co-op where you run a high risk of the enemy appearing on spawn and gunning you down before you can do anything.

If you're somehow being spawn camped then that means you're doing a terrible job.
custom servers will add spawn protection for sure, but it's not something NWI should waste time on since a very small percentile of bad players will get to experience being spawn camped by superior opposition.

@depleted said in Get rid of the reload upon respawn or add brief spawn protection:

If you're somehow being spawn camped then that means you're doing a terrible job.
custom servers will add spawn protection for sure, but it's not something NWI should waste time on since a very small percentile of bad players will get to experience being spawn camped by superior opposition.

I disagree with you 100% with this one. Bots are known to circle around behind your back and usually they end up in the spawn area. When you spawn, first thing you do is reload your gun which takes 2-3 seconds, and in this time the bot usually has managed to kill you because you CAN'T DO ANYTHING BECAUSE OF THE RELOAD!

No matter what you say, this happens even if you think you have cleared all.

last edited by mikma

@mikma You can actually cancel/skip the reload if you switch to a different gun or equipment.

@vengefulmosquito said in Get rid of the reload upon respawn or add brief spawn protection:

@mikma You can actually cancel/skip the reload if you switch to a different gun or equipment.

Yes, which results into another reload of another weapon.

I agree. This has gotten me killed too many times in CoOp and just makes for a frustrating game. It needs to change or be taken out completely.

Go watch youtube videos of purely cancerous ppl camping the enemy spawn and ieding the whole team, while the poor guys are helplessly reloading for 2 seconds.

It's a dumb mechanic I've posted about being stupid since the cta.

Youtube Video

last edited by thehappybub

I agree with this, this is just plenty stupid and not to mention unrealistic even in co-op mode. Why would you respawn into battle with your guns not already ready at the combat zone if you're expecting a fight? I really don't see the point of this feature.
Youtube Video