What do you think about revive mechanic?

I know the game suppose to be super realistic, and most soldiers wont be able to keep fighting after a bullet, but it can add more depth, and complexity to the fire fights, while adding extra layer of risk reward system, it could make the game even more tense during the last wave, and would promote more cooperation. I would however restrict it to one revive, and maybe not possible after a head-shot, and maybe make the ability class specific. ☠

Well a medic to patch if you have a scratch maybe but this would be pointless. not a revive a medic would only be able to help so much and in a real situation anyone who is injured that required a medic is removed from the fight asap

I am only half-tempted at the moment just because I'll die tragically at the beginning of an objective or at the end on another. It would just mean me not having to sit and watch other people play for an unspecified period of time while contemplating leaving the server for another round. I just don't see it this being used in Insurgency. Maybe the single player campaign. I see Insurgency as an unforgiving environment that the player should be forced to rethink their approach a thousand times before acting on it. This leads me to the AI argument over and over again that thehappybub is passionate about. I am just half-tempted because in COOP mode I see many players use their own tactics and it compels me use my own as well because I don't want to die and watch others have fun.

last edited by Zafer

@zafer said in What do you think about revive mechanic?:

me not having to sit and watch other people play

Well a big thing about insurgency is penalty for getting killed. Even games like R6S, if you die, you watch your team for the rest of the match (which is usually much longer than the times you wait for next obj in Sandstorm).

The Sernix server in Insurgency 2 had a mod put in for medics. It is possible to do. However, with the dismemberment, I wonder how this will play out. I mean I know that technically we can just respawn someone in revival. but I think that if you had something shot or blown off you need to be out of the fight till next checkpoint. just my opinion.

last edited by Max80

Please no, especially for PvP. It would ruin gameplay; there should be no easy way out after making a mistake. If you die, that's it. You shouldn't get a second chance and the guy who shot you shouldn't be robbed of a kill just because someone clicked medic and held down a key near you.

last edited by cyoce

@cyoce said in What do you think about revive mechanic?:

Please no, especially for PvP. It would ruin gameplay. There should be no easy way out after making a mistake. If you die, that's it. You shouldn't get a second chance and the guy who shot you shouldn't be robbed of a kill just because someone clicked medic and held down a key near you.

Precisely.

@cyoce - It doesnt need to be added to the game as the mod can already be done. The modding community will take care of this for sure.

They should only ever have this for the singleplayer cooperative campaign, if they bring that back.

OK, I read you'r replies, and I think you didn't really understand of what I meant by revive mechanic.

This is my clarification to your arguments: I don't want this mechanic to be like in casual games BF's etc. I meant if it was very limited in time only possible once per downed person, and not applicable to severed limbs, blown up or burned viks, neither headshots, only shots to center of mass or limbs, only limited time, and only once.

I think it could be a great high risk high reward system specially if you play in squad or with a friend because:
let's say your friend got shot on point through the windows you can't see the shooter, you are now under pressure of either risking it all, and helping your team mate effectively giving yourself advantage of capping the point or you take your chances, and most certainly will get overwhelmed by the other team.

I think it can make the clutch moments that much more tense.

As for scoring I think kill should still count no matter the revive, and look dismissing something based on biases without even giving it a chance is why we don't have innovation, why "Sandstorm" is just more of the same on the new engine, and don't get me wrong I love the game I love that it's super tactical, hardcore, and not forgiving, but I don't see why not try something new, specially in BETA isn't it the whole point of beta.

But again it's just my opinion.

@terrabys

I get what you're saying...I just think its best implemented by the modding community and not the devs. Because part of the love of this game was that once you're dead your dead that's it. To meet people like you and me halfway...the modding community bridges everyone's needs. give it time. It was added in insurgency 2 it'll get added via the modding community to sandstorm as well.

@max80 said in What do you think about revive mechanic?:

@terrabys

I get what you're saying...I just think its best implemented by the modding community and not the devs. Because part of the love of this game was that once you're dead your dead that's it. To meet people like you and me halfway...the modding community bridges everyone's needs. give it time. It was added in insurgency 2 it'll get added via the modding community to sandstorm as well.

Well said ! Exactly what i think about it !

@terrabys said in What do you think about revive mechanic?:

I think you didn't really understand of what I meant by revive mechanic

No I understand, I still think it's a no. As @Max80 said there'll be a modded server for it or whatever.