Too Much bot Hive Mind

it seems as though the bots have too much of a hive mind rather then each bot having to figure out information on where we are it seems like. a bot 200 feet away will have as much information as a bot 5 feet away it seems like (in relation to where im positioned and where im moving too).

And this tends to get me lasered through a wall by a truck way down the street.

last edited by thisguy710

That would explain why I always have molotovs raining down on me from the heavens. Seriously, the bots' accuracy when throwing those things is unreal. I also learned that the bots have an incredible ability to cook grenades, so much so that they can freaking air burst them with perfect timing.

I think the AI needs to be reigned in a tad and made to behave and react to situations how a player would.

Making bots act more like individuals is really hitting at the core of the AI's problem. Team maneuvers should be carried out in smaller groups, not by the whole team of bots. Furthermore, individual bots need some sort of self-preservation like finding cover, using cover, leaning, not walking in the middle of the road. If bots just behaved naturally, then NWI wouldn't have to up the bot difficulty by making their aim unreal.

@thehappybub said in Too Much bot Hive Mind:

Making bots act more like individuals is really hitting at the core of the AI's problem. Team maneuvers should be carried out in smaller groups, not by the whole team of bots. Furthermore, individual bots need some sort of self-preservation like finding cover, using cover, leaning, not walking in the middle of the road. If bots just behaved naturally, then NWI wouldn't have to up the bot difficulty by making their aim unreal.

You found exactly the right words to express my problems with the AI. It feels less like fighting people and more like fighting the Borg from Star Trek, the way they are able to perfectly coordinate with one another regardless of distance and regardless of whether they should have intel on the players' maneuvers or not.
(Plus, at least in Star Trek the Borg are usually easy to outmaneuver. Here, you just get a molotov dropped on your head from 50 meters away, causing you to die a horrible, fiery death. Borg drones with molotovs. There's a scary thought.)

@quadsword said in Too Much bot Hive Mind:

fighting the Borg from Star Trek

Perfect analogy.