Add special distinctions to the classes for co-op

Currently the classes are too similar, let's add some character to them like special abilities. I'm guessing it'll be a nightmare to balance for PvP so just add for us co-op lovers. I have no issues making co-op different then pvp, in fact it would add a lot to the game.

I know a lot of this is similar to adding or taking away weight but it is different. Because the base start of the classes will be different and so how we customize them will be also. How the classes react and act in the environments will be different and so hopefully how we play them also.

I’m not trying to make them too specific or narrow in roles, just trying to add variety. Obviously testing will dictate what is a good balance. I'm trying to respect what I think the various roles are but the devs know more then I do on that.

A few ideas to get things going, a very rough draft, not saying it has to be this way, just ideas to start and to test:

Commander:

• Special Ability: Call in fire support
  • Less susceptible to suppression from far, more susceptible from close
  • Low-Medium health
  • Low-medium speed
  • Scopes 2X-4X cost less
  • Armor cost less but makes a lot slower
  • Focus last longer but not as long as sniper 7sec
  • Lower cost for silencer and flash hider

Observer:

• Special Ability: Automatically spots enemy, relates info to commander but not to team
  • Less susceptible to suppression from far
  • Medium health
  • Not as fast as Breacher or Rifleman
  • Good agility
  • Scopes 1X-4x cost less
  • Armor cost less but makes slower
  • Lower cost for extra ammo

Rifleman:

• Special Ability: Option to see heat signatures while scoped and in focus (can be limited use)
  • Medium agility
  • Medium health
  • Medium speed
  • Scopes 1X-4X cost less
  • Focus 6 sec
  • Bipod cost less
  • Extra ammo and clips cost less
  • Low-medium health
  • Long barrel it's own attachement

Breacher:

• Special Ability: Short fast sprint ability
  • Fastest class
  • Highest agility over objects
  • Faster reload
  • Medium jump
  • Lower cost for flash, smoke
  • Lower cost for compensators, silencers, flash hider
  • More susceptible to suppression and flash bang
  • No cost for gas mask (security)
  • Access to under barrel smoke launcher
  • Highest stamina
  • Focus 3 seconds
  • Large mags cost less
  • 0X-1X scopes cost less
  • Small- medium health

Gunner:

• Special Ability: Enemies get much more suppressed, wider area of suppression effect and does extra vehicles damage (trucks, cars, helicopters)
  • No cost to speed with heavy carrier
  • Lower cost to flash hider and compensators
  • Low cost for 0x-2x scopes
  • Make it the slowest class
  • Worst agility class
  • Naturally a little more health
  • Lowest stamina
  • More recoil when not in prone
  • Focus 8 seconds with lower recoil while focused and proned.

Demolitions:

• Special Ability: Automatically spots ennemi RPG carrier (Shows up on compass and/or voice callout) but does not relay to team
  • Less susceptible to explosive damage
  • More health
  • Second slowest class
  • Scopes normal cost
  • Armor cost less but makes a lot slower
  • Medium stamina
  • Access to shotguns
  • Explosives cost less

Advisor:

• Special Ability: Gives team automatically a 3 second warning before fire support strikes, heli strikes...
  • More health
  • Not as fast as Rifleman
  • Scopes 2X-4x cost less
  • Armor cost less but makes slower

Marksman:

• Special Ability: Automatically spots enemies and relays to team
  • Can focus a lot longer then other classes, 10 seconds vs 5s
  • More agility to access higher ground
  • Highest jump
  • Less health
  • Less susceptible to flash bangs
  • Armor cost more
  • Scopes 2X or more cost less, scopes 1x or less cost more

Add your own, disagree, agree, spent enough time one this for now...

last edited by lightspeed

@lightspeed DOI had something kind of like this where the different classes had some little perk. That's cool and all. Even though your list is commendable, the depth of each class is so intense that it's basically like different operators in siege. I think it's too much. Something like in DOI would be cool, but I personally don't really care that much.

I'm not sure how much more specialized but for coop I think it would be cool. I do enjoy the differences in R6S, I don't think what I'm suggesting is that extreme but ya it's not for everyone...

Would help to make things more interesting I think...

The list of class stats is great and all and would totally work for a different game, like in an arcade shooter with RPG elements. You should make a game with these classes and stats lol.

The 'stats' you listed for each class pretty much already exist when you pick a specific class and the gear you pick. Example: You pick the Gunner class, so you're given access to LMG weapons that innately have attributes like slower reloads, move slower due to weapon weight, better sustained suppression output due to large magazine and effectiveness when prone etc.
To contrast, the Rifleman does not have access to LMG's, so they'd innately have faster reloads, move faster due to lighter weapon and are less effective at suppression due to 20-30 round magazines in comparison.

Although the 'Special Abilities' you listed is the only thing that could spice up the classes but i think the 'perk' would have to be reflected through a physical visual item, just like the Commander's binoculars.

Imo, each class should have a usable physical item that is exclusive to their class that the player can use.

• COMMANDER: Binoculars (designate area and call in fire support)

• OBSERVER: Radio (request and confirm fire support, you actually have to pull out the radio for a few seconds to call it in)

• RIFLEMAN: No special perk/item because it's a basic no-player-limit class

• BREACHER: Door Breaching Charge (low explosive charge you plant on door, sends shrapnel and explosive force through to the other side of the door, kills/damages any enemies in a 'narrow-ish' path behind the door. Players on the entry side can stack up next to/along side the door and you won't be harmed)

• GUNNER: Not sure. Maybe the Gunner could put down a small bag of ammo/bullets that friendlies can interact with to refill magazines (only if you have magazines that aren't full/ones you didn't toss away from a quick reload. Each player can only replenish a certain amount, depends on weapon. Doesn't give you new full magazines, so the ammo resupply crate at spawn points doesn't become completely irrelevant)

• DEMOLITIONS: RPG/Rocket Launcher (Becomes a new separate slot. The RPG no longer takes up an explosive/grenade slot)

• ADVISOR: Not sure. (ideas?)

• MARKSMAN: Not sure. Maybe a Tripod'd Monocular Spotting Scope (The marksman places it down the ground, then when prone, you or a teammate can interact with it to look into it. When a player is looking through it, any enemy they see will be automatically called out on the compass by a thin red marker just like how it is when you manually call out a spotted enemy on the communication wheel. The thin red compass marker will be thinner than normal to distinguish between a Marksman's Monocular Spot or a manual spot via the communication wheel. Each enemy can only be called out once but after 4 seconds, that marker will disappear and that specific enemy is eligible to be marked/called out/spotted again. When you look through the monocular scope, you don't put away your weapon, you simply remain prone and your weapon is just lowered to the side so when the player exits the monocular scope the transition back to aiming with your weapon is fast)

(these items are a separate slot in the load-out which can not be un-assigned, would apply to versus too)

last edited by Jarple

@jarple if anything were to be added I'd rather something more subtle like the little ammo drop or something.

@thehappybub said in Add special distinctions to the classes for co-op:

@jarple if anything were to be added I'd rather something more subtle like the little ammo drop or something.

Maybe with a different game play mode and much more intense and sustained firefights. With the current mode and way things are I don't see a need for ammo drops at all. Maybe in solo play and if you take no ammo with you...

@lightspeed DOI had something kind of like this where the different classes had some little perk. That's cool and all. Even though your list is commendable, the depth of each class is so intense that it's basically like different operators in siege. I think it's too much. Something like in DOI would be cool, but I personally don't really care that much.

Ya revisited DOI, forgot they did that! I like what they did there and would be a good upgrade to the current classes.

The gunner 'thing' was just a filler idea. If all classes are too have a visual usable exclusive item, what could the gunners be?

The binocs, radio and RPG are already in the game, so i suggested a door breaching charge for breacher (what do you think about that) and for the other 3 classes I don't really know what they could have.

last edited by Jarple

@jarple said in Add special distinctions to the classes for co-op:

i suggested a door breaching charge for breacher

I think this is already a thing. You can mount a c4/ied on a door I believe.

@thehappybub Yes but you die or you have to find a solid corner/cover or run far away before blowing it up. The c4 and IED have such a big explosive radius, most of the explosive force still on your side of the door, which isn't what this low-explosive door charge would do.

With this new charge item (doesn't take up an explosive slot, it's a new slot just like the Commander's binocs), you'd plant it on the door, literally move 1 meter next to that door, get team mates to stack up along side the door to, then blow it. It wouldn't hurt you and will damage enemies on the other side in the door's path.

EDIT: This is what happens when you try to breach with C4... Lol
https://gyazo.com/367d6d02fafa7f9d660215bc1b657334

last edited by Jarple

i suggested a door breaching charge for breacher

I think this is already a thing. You can mount a c4/ied on a door I believe.

I like shooting out the hinges with the shotgun, works well with normal ammo, can be done from a good distance and it's pretty quick. I would say much quicker then c4 with less risk.

One idea for the breacher class would be to have various ammo for the shotgun that you could load at any time. You'd have to pay for it like having slots or using up points.

Could be specialized ammo with limited quantity like 3 or 5:

• Dragon Breath ammo to blow up cashes
  • ''Tank'' slug to kill vehicles and penetrate walls

There's actually all kinds of crazy ammo out there for shotguns...

Maybe even make the breaker class a shotgun only class and put the other guns in a few other classes...

@lightspeed Yeah shooting out the hinges is cool as well. You'd only get 1 door breaching charge per life/resupply, so it's not like you'll be blowing up every door.

Having the ability to load various ammo into the shotgun in game for a given situation would be awesome. I'll make a separate post about loading special ammo during the game.

@lightspeed Yeah shooting out the hinges is cool as well. You'd only get 1 door breaching charge per life/resupply, so it's not like you'll be blowing up every door.

Having the ability to load various ammo into the shotgun in game for a given situation would be awesome. I'll make a separate post about loading special ammo during the game.

I'm not so sure how difficult it would be to implement but it would be fricken unique!