New Weapons!

Insurgents: Mac-10,Rpd,
Secrurity: Kriss Vector, UMP

Hey there,

Are you saying that these weapons are coming to the game, or that you would like to see these weapons?

If the first, we do not have plans to add these weapons to the game at the moment.

@iyagovos That's sad, I sure would love a nice UMP in the game, preferably in .45. Meh, gotta be patient I guess.

last edited by Yoss

Definitely a good list. BUT, i must say there could be better ones!

All of the guns below should be the "tactical" version, meaning they have rails installed on them, and are black/ tan in color.

Insurgents: Sig 552, and AN-94, VZ-61 (pdw)

Security: AS VAL (could go for either side), CZ-805, HK416, MPX ( pdw)

I would love to see more options for attachments as well, i think that's something everyone wants to see, at least the people I talk to.

@redkap I like your way of thinking, but I must point out some things regarding those.

Sig 552: would be certainly awesome, but rather on the security side. Those Swiss beauties are quite rare and not cheap; not something a middle-eastern insurgent can easily (or at all) get hold of.

AN-94: another interesting candidate, but on the insurgent side? That's far-fetched to say the least. We're talking about an extremely expensive gun that's made in very limited numbers, in fact they're only issued to a few Russian special units. As much as I'd like seeing it in the game, it wouldn't be realistic at all, not even on the security side.

AS VAL: similar case to the AN-94, I don't think these were ever sold or given to any army/military unit apart from Russian and Georgian special forces. Maybe its DMR variant, the VSK-94, as those are used in limited numbers by some Syrian troops.

The VZ-61 certainly fits the narrative. As for the CZ-805, HK416 and MPX, I doubt you could encounter security units carrying those nowadays, but they're plausible enough if we say the game takes place in the near future.

@yoss is right on for most points, some of these guns are just far to restricted to specialized national forces.

The HK416 is easily plausible for security forces, the problem with adding it to the game is it offers no appreciable difference from the M4A1 or Mk.18 that are already in the game. If anything it'd have slightly higher recoil, but that's it since jamming isn't modeled in the game.

I'd love to the the MP-X and UMP added. We need more SMGs. And LMGs.

last edited by MAA_Bunny

Hi guys,

Enjoying the game immensly, however I also think a few iconic weapons are missing, incl. these 10:

1. The FN P90 PDW

2. The HK416

3. The M240 LMG

4. The MP5 SMG

5. The M82 Barrett Sniper rifle .50 cal

6. The Steyr Aug A3

7. AWP Sniper rifle .338 Lapua

8. HK UMP 45 SMG

9. MG3 LMG

10. HK433 (To get a brand spanking new modern weapon in there)

@maa_bunny said in New Weapons!:

@yoss is right on for most points, some of these guns are just far to restricted to specialized national forces.

The HK416 is easily plausible for security forces, the problem with adding it to the game is it offers no appreciable difference from the M4A1 or Mk.18 that are already in the game. If anything it'd have slightly higher recoil, but that's it since jamming isn't modeled in the game.

Why would it have higher recoil?

@wolfram The HK has more moving parts than the standard direct-gas impingement AR.

@wolfram said in New Weapons!:

Why would it have higher recoil?

The op rod adds weight to the bolt carrier and delivers the recoil impulse above the bore axis. More recoiling weight and a slight rotational energy applied to the bolt carrier mean a higher felt recoil.

In contrast the direct impingement system delivers the recoil impulse directly to the bolt itself, not even the bolt carrier. The bore axis being directly in line with the recoil axis which is directly in line with the stock is part of the reason the AR-15 system has such low felt recoil.

@wolfram The P90, M240B, MP5, Aug A3, and UMP are all guns I'd love to see in game. The HK433 isn't a rifle anyone is using yet, and like the HK416 wouldn't be super different than what's in game already - though it would at least look cool and different.

The M-82 and AWP are both rifles designed for engagement ranges far longer than is possible in Sandstorm so I'm not sure they're really worth it.

@maa_bunny said in New Weapons!:

The op rod adds weight to the bolt carrier and delivers the recoil impulse above the bore axis. More recoiling weight and a slight rotational energy applied to the bolt carrier mean a higher felt recoil.

In contrast the direct impingement system delivers the recoil impulse directly to the bolt itself, not even the bolt carrier. The bore axis being directly in line with the recoil axis which is directly in line with the stock is part of the reason the AR-15 system has such low felt recoil.

There will probably be a tiny bit more recoil, but I think it will be so slight as to not even be noticable tbh. According to someone who owns both the recoil is the same, the HK416 maybe feels a tiny bit snappier, but they are both just as easy to hold on target thanks to the inherent low recoil of the 5.56 round. Main advantage of the HK416 is ofcourse the reliability though. As for how the HK416 keeps recoil to the same level as the AR-15, apparently it's thanks to the short stroke gas piston design its using, it very light and the stroke is minimal.

That said it would be real nice to have all these weapons & their customizations available ingame, would just add to the depth.

last edited by Wolfram