The whining sounds

First of all: This is my opinion/view on this.
About the voice lines.
Aren't the security forces supposed to be professionals or experienced? They handle guns, call in support and use military phrases and whatever, but as soon as a bullet flies by they seem to sh** their pants. All the whining and complaining, especially the female shrieking sometimes, it really weirds me out.

Realisticly, this is really dumb, it would just give away your position. Soldiers in documentaries I've seen are able to stay calm and observe the situation.

The Insurgents scream too when in danger, but in a way that is way more "hardcore" and fitting in general.

Oh and they all have those neutral facial expressions like they've never seen combat before. I look more battle hardened when I wake up in the morning...

It just feels like I play as/ and with a buch of wussies when playing security. I really like the Insurgents tho.

Is it just me or do the shout outs cause FPS drops/stutter? Especially when you walk into an objective, only you alive and you get the "on objective B" shouted in your ear and then the game stutters as you try to aim at enemy sitting in obj and get killed because of it, so frustrating.

They're going to work on facial expressions, maybe theyll also improve the voicelines, but they took a lot of inspiration from source on them.

Okay, I want you to go to the middle east and get shot at, possibly blown up by rpgs/ieds/suicide bombers and then you can tell us what panic sounds like. You can't "train" someone to not be scared for their life. It's called being human

And you're not always the American military, your team is blended with characters, some from militias. Who, mind you, are not very well trained. They pick up a rifle to protect their country, and still fight while watching people die. Seems pretty brave to me

@grabbinpeels1 said in The whining sounds:

Aren't the security forces supposed to be professionals or experienced?

From the things I've heard from the NWI devs on streams, I don't think anyone here is actually professionally trained. It's just made up of several local militias, anyway.

My interpretation has always been that the 'Security" forces are a mix of multiple national military, mercenary, and militia forces. This would be representative of the makeup of "coalition" forces that operated in Iraq and Afghanistan, or of ISAF /ANSF forces.

This would mean that some are trained military soldiers, some are professional civilian soldiers with a mix of training and experience, and some are locals with less training and experience.

If anyone's trained it would be the "Commander" but maybe not and definitely the Advisor.

My only gripe is with the voice lines. I think Insurgents should speak ONLY in Arabic and the Security should stay English with accents unless you chose a different voice.

Also... they should add an Aussie and Brit voice, plus a Russian or Chechen for the insurgent advisor.

@thehappybub I'd love to see (hear?) a whole bunch of national accents added that can be selected in character customization. The types of conflicts that Insurgency simulates tend to be remarkably multi-national on both sides, and it would add some pretty cool variety to the game.

@thehappybub Maybe they could compromise by having insurgent players hear the lines in English, but the security players would hear them in Arabic?

@quadsword said in The whining sounds:

@thehappybub Maybe they could compromise by having insurgent players hear the lines in English, but the security players would hear them in Arabic?

Really like this idea.