In honour of the upcoming DLC, I present an awesome vid of my uncles' Western Stars hard at work here in Canterbury, New Zealand

This is awesome, thank you for sharing!

@zamal @Stazco come over here! Check this out!
You see how the truck has traction when going on the swamp? I think we don't have much roads like this in Mudrunner. It's always mud or dry, but this kind of compacted but underwater soil is missing from most maps. Would be good if we get some of this terrain in American Wilds maps, so we can use 6x4 trucks a little more. I always thought that trucks in real life have more traction than mudrunner.

@deathcoreboy1 there will be always the difference between game and rl.
I hope devs will shorten this gap in MR2!)

Actually if im not mistaken we HAVE such terrains in MR - little water&mud, no probs for trucks. They are usually are short in game, so it might be longer (like on this vid) on usa maps.
For Siberia its not so common (in woods).

agreed with @Stazco. i dont think there will be perfect mechanic but getting as close would be amazing and guess what, we are at tip it it top of the mountain...... but we really, we really only half way up!! lets go mudrunner 2

last edited by zamal

@zamal Yes!!! that's the attitude!! 😛 I also have high hopes on MR2

@deathcoreboy1 said in In honour of the upcoming DLC, I present an awesome vid of my uncles' Western Stars hard at work here in Canterbury, New Zealand:

@zamal @Stazco come over here! Check this out!
You see how the truck has traction when going on the swamp? I think we don't have much roads like this in Mudrunner. It's always mud or dry, but this kind of compacted but underwater soil is missing from most maps. Would be good if we get some of this terrain in American Wilds maps, so we can use 6x4 trucks a little more. I always thought that trucks in real life have more traction than mudrunner.

As I said, compacted soil and water we saw in these australian video are not so common in siberia, but we have plenty of such sections in mr.
Example from seashore:

alt text

Long, some water and good soil, it becomes muddy only if you pass it before a couple of times with heavily overloaded truck.
But there is a "cure" - just quit a game for a coffee break, or be the victim of very frequent crush/freeze - relaunch the game and the section again is fine, as a default...
I HATE this limitation when all terrain except small area around vehicles return to the default condition at every game exit!!! It breaks all immersion!

last edited by Stazco