Force19Mods

Hi @forces, just curious, is it possible to make the tow sling functional? maybe a winch point on the sling? or just a hook, at the end of the cable?
__i have not seen any tow trucks that work, i've only seen 1 or 2 other tow truck in the game, (i think). the 'wrecker/recovery' add-on for the E-class is pretty useless for any trail or deep wood recovery, and the overall functionality of it is pretty weak.
__ just a thought/question as to how far the trucks can be modded.
__Rufus
ps. either way, you nailed it. great looking mod!!

anything is possible in this game @rufus you just need to find ways to make them
i dont know if you have acces to smar's TTC HHR but yeah the front Hydro sterring works like a real life one and despite the game not being able to simulate one in that way (the Steer link in my mods has bot X and Z axis travel so a hydro wich is only Z axis tavel will deform closer to the axle when you steer) i manage to solve it with the help of IK connections and so i do most of the time lately

to make a working Sling you need to have a <Body /> cdt childed to you main arm_cdt (the tow truck arm if needed) and also a prismatic and Ragdoll contraint (other body_cdt to make it go up and down and onther to make it swing)
so the result will be something like this
Chassis_cdt
---Towarm_cdt (most likely to be made for a hinge movement of the tow arm)
-----Ragdoll_cdt (this one controls the hangin motion of the hook/sling)
--------Prismatic_cdt (this is the up and down movement of the hook)

i have made allot of crazy crontraptions in the past just to understand the limitations of the game

for example a centiped truck and this tipe of tow trucks
alt text

this is a example of the last big thing I made and this is Spintires Not Mud Runner

Youtube Video

thats a unreleased Version of my old S10 Truggy

last edited by Forces

@forces Very cool! just operating the front AND rear steering, then throw in the camera movement. I for one are very impressed, with the coordination to pull that off.

For those who are friend to Smar youll find my JK and FJ47 in his workshop @SmarOneNine thanks man for uploading them for me

@smaronenine said in Force19Mods:

open to friends.

0_1538668144617_20181001204856_1.jpg

I just seen this.. im excited to try it!

next on the shop 1957 Chevy Task Force (Apache for non latin americans) lol
it need some work but is a old file from a friend and the shading is crap so im sticking atm with cpu colors insteand of OpenGL shaders

alt text
alt text
alt text
time to pull out the cardboard box and make the to do list lol #1 Interior lol

Join Our Group if you haven't already - Force19mods

Myself and @Forces want to get more involved with the Group Stuff, It will be the best way to get in touch with us with questions or anything mudrunner related.

Be Sure to Check out Announcements / Group Chat / Comments Etc.!!!

@smaronenine thats people despite not being 2 mod makers with completly diferent sides to mod, the group chat wont be left alone and I myself will try to be as close to the community in steam and the forum so come and join the team and the chat

well everybody some great anounces today
i just realized the >Force19Mods< topic is the #1 in

• post in the forum
  • longest active topic
    and soon the most viewed one (number one is 83.6k views) today we broke 80k views and despite being made by @Smaronenine old account (now shows as guest) this topic is still active and not blocked

now back on task and by task i mean Force lol

new render now the meshes are fully reworked and shaded nice when rendered
pd still some minor issues in the front fenders and where the doors and fenders get splited but overall it looks better than when i got it, next stop interior

alt text

last edited by Forces

frustration to 100% drained to 25% with just 10mins of sitting in HDRI studio and then blender lol
Gotta Hate it before loving it lol
alt text

@Forces gonna all be worth it in the end.

I cant stop working on it lol

the engine will be animated if i figure a way to make the hood open like in real life (the hinges on it are weird they move in 2 diferent directions)
alt text
alt text
alt text

@forces said in Force19Mods:

I cant stop working on it lol

the engine will be animated if i figure a way to make the hood open like in real life (the hinges on it are weird they move in 2 diferent directions)

just a thought. if making a regular type hinge does not work, then maybe something using the lcrane stabilizers coding or whatever might do the trick? i am thinking those hinges move up and out when lifting the hood. so with the way the stabilizers are (they move out and hinge down) could be tweaked to work? idk, you know me i have little knowledge, but many ideas. lol

@8up-local yea you basically need an IK link for 2 directions, shouldn't be too hard if you somewhat understand the IK links and constraints in havok. but i don't, so i may be completely wrong and it's probably a complete pain to do it in a way that works properly 😄

ik and contraints are easy i know really good everything (check f100 ik front and the multy steer crawler video), its the full system the tricky one, see i ill have to use 2 hinges and 1 prismatic but this lovely (broken af) game wont let me add delays to each of them (not tau)
i need
1 to move it forward (prismatic)
1 to make it hinge in in the Z axis (hinge)
1 to offset the whole asembly to avoid hitting the glass and wipers
ill figure something down the road of building it, let finish the model first lol

@forces what does tau even do? i experimented with it for a while but it didn't really seem to make a lot of difference, even with very high numbers

@hydrowasul tau controls the speed of the join (Hinge) and in prismatic the speed and also how much of the torque is delivered becuase slower prismatic seem to be more capable than the same action and torque but faster...tho its just a guess because i do know this game doesnt like _cdt moving fast it cause bugs in the colision of objects/ground same with weight if you give too much weight on a prismatic contraint that moves fast it will bug a bit or even explode

i been of blender for a while due to personal reasons but back again in it and i just finished the stepside box
alt text
alt text
alt text