Micro-strafing

At close quarters in a gunfight, people strafe back and forth like a meth head trying to ride a unicycle. Would be nice if there was some sort of penalty for doing that. Maybe some sort of aim-down-sights sway or taking a second to shift weight.

If the devs intentions are to create a realism based game like the last insurgency, that's a big one that needs to be fixed imo.

You know what, I've noticed that when going rambo into enemy territory it's easier to play it like an arcade game. When I try to play like I am in a squad it seems I get the raw deal more than not. This would help foster a squad train of thought. "Oh crap I better stay with my squad, I am helpless if I try to out run anyone." This mindset was initially displayed by all the aesthetics and the ttk being high. When watching others play while your out of the game you see this rambo thing more frequent and successful. That is fine and all, because I am not playing Swat3 or COD and this is a hybrid type game I've noticed trying to play in between the extremes.

Being able to make left, right, left, right strafe manouvers ( which you can do in reality too ) the players doing that should not be able to get precise salvos out of their weapons during that manouver and additionaly for 1 second after. That would reduce their wild weasel advantage and reward the more realistic behaviour in such encounters.
When they fire during that running and strafing around it should be more like a hipfire thing ( spray and pray ).

last edited by GSG_9_LIGHTNING

@dark1202 said in Micro-strafing:

people strafe back and forth like a meth head trying to ride a unicycle.

If the devs intentions are to create a realism based game like the last insurgency, that's a big one that needs to be fixed imo.

+1 for that visual.

I understand what you mean Op. I think this has more to do with the animation system than the lack of inertia. The smaller movements could use some tweaks.

This video may be relevant in regards to FPS animation systems.

Youtube Video

The devs need to strike a balance between responsiveness and gunplay.

last edited by MusicNote

the old game had a system that slowed it down all lot. hopefully that gets implemented because at the moment its like starship fucking enterprise warping from left to right.

@gsg_9_lightning "left, right, left, right strafe manouvers ( which you can do in reality too)"

I guess you could do it in reality but it would never work because you'd be moving slow as fuck, your arms would be bobbing around, and you wouldn't be able to look down your optics.

Try putting on a 50 lb backpack and strafing back and forth lol. You'll look like an obese, one-legged autistic boy trying to twerk.

last edited by Dark1202