Arbites?

Will the Adeptus Arbites/Enforcers be a playable faction at all?

I wouldn't think they'd show up at the start. They're not really a gang so it wouldn't make a lot of sense having them play like another gang, they'd really need some sort of special campaign.

Another problem is power. They have Bolters and Carapace Armor so it'd be hard to not make them OP. There's a similar problem with Spyrers, so that probably won't be too big a deal, probably a lower gang population cap.

IDK. I don't think Arbites would be too desirable as a playable faction. Personally if they show up at all I think they'd be better as an NPC faction that shows up when things get out of hand. Like a gang gets too powerful or the gang fights cause noticeable structural damage or something.

I wouldn't have a problem with making arbites a non controllable AI enemy like the chaos demons in Mordheim. But please, i hope they make them more worthwhile to deal with them than getting you 5 XP.

@detortor said in Arbites?:

Another problem is power. They have Bolters and Carapace Armor so it'd be hard to not make them OP. There's a similar problem with Spyrers, so that probably won't be too big a deal, probably a lower gang population cap.

Arbite pattern shotguns, shock mauls and riot shields, but point taken 🙂 In the TT version only 5 could be fielded out of a roster of 10 so that stopped them being too OP

IDK. I don't think Arbites would be too desirable as a playable faction. Personally if they show up at all I think they'd be better as an NPC faction that shows up when things get out of hand. Like a gang gets too powerful or the gang fights cause noticeable structural damage or something.

That was the main reason for them in the TT version so that could work! Usually the campaign master could field them to keep all the gangs balanced, however it would mean trusting the AI 😕

There's Watchmen to consider. In the expanded rules of the original game they made it possible to turn your gang into the "Law", so they could possibly have it to where the Gang Leader is an Arbite and maybe have Enforcers for Elite options, then have the rest be some underhivers they use as a meatshields(Watchmen). It wouldn't have to be OP if they did it right. Arbites have a limited armory even if they have better guns standard. Something that would make sense to nerf them is that Watchmen and/or Arbites would be more limited in their options. Like Exotic or Xeno Weapons wouldn't be allowed, since Xeno weapons are illegal, so it would make sense that the Enforcer wouldn't allow their Watchmen to own or operate something like a Splinter Rifle, and weapon modifications are Heresy against the Mechanicus, so while Gangers can modify their weapons, Watchmen/Arbites would have to stick with Standard Issue. No extended magazines, no special scopes, just unmodified STC Weaponry. They're lawmen, not Inquisitors, they don't really get to change the rules.

This model can be used elsewhere. Like I'm a big Chaos fan and really want Chaos Cults to get added. They could use this model there too, with 1 Sorcerer or Chaos Space Marine leading a gang of cultists. They'd of course be able to modify their weapons, so to counterbalance they'd have to do stuff like make their weapons less reliable and harder to get to model Outlaw rules.

Or if they didn't use Watchmen they can limit the "gang" population of Arbites by doing something like only allowing for Elite/Hero slots to be used and not even allow Arbites to have standard infantry. So it'd be kinda like if in Mordheim you only get your Leader and maybe get an extra Hero slot to offset not having any Henchmen available.

@detortor

There is rules on TT for both "law" shall we say and chaos cult gangs. No chaos space mariens unfortunately as that wouldn't make sense.

@snickdesnick You are incorrect. One of the Codex's, I believe Outlanders, had profiles for Chaos Space Marines and it included a description that said they would occasionally operate in the Underhive. There's also Chaos Cults in the Gang War Expansion. So yeah, it's within the lore of Necromunda for this kind of thing to happen. If there happens to be a Chaos Space Marine around and there's Chaos Cultists around too, it makes perfect sense that the Cultists would want to start following the possibly 10,000 year old Champion of Chaos.

They also had Eldar Rangers and a couple other units that weren't included in true Gang rosters but they did have rules and had lore that justified their presence in the Underhive.

A chaos marine wouldn't be there itself at the base of a hive lore speaking. Cults and cultists, fair enough, that's how the taint is meant to work and spread.

All three, Chaos, Eldar and Orks are mentioned as a suggestion for the purge scenario in Outlanders, with no rules.

last edited by snickdesnick

Arbites were more of a 'DM tool' then a proper gang if you ask me.

While you COULD make a Arbites gang it was so vastly different from the normal ones it was its own little thing. They also dident grow in the normal traditional sense and could actually be quite weak later on due to their limited numbers. Unless the full 10 man were warranted in which case, shit was about to go down 😃

@demoulius said in Arbites?:

Arbites were more of a 'DM tool' then a proper gang if you ask me.

While you COULD make a Arbites gang it was so vastly different from the normal ones it was its own little thing. They also dident grow in the normal traditional sense and could actually be quite weak later on due to their limited numbers. Unless the full 10 man were warranted in which case, shit was about to go down 😃

Arbites were very different from normal gangs in old Necromunda (The same way outlaws were very different) since they had access to much better gear than gangers, recruiting new members was capped and they didn't had turf to defend. It would be very interesting to see gangs with different mechanics than the standard, but at the same time i think it needs to be worked quite a bit.