checkpoint should be like this

how can you be winning the game..go all the way near the end..having heaps of waves left as your killing it..80 odd kills..then you lose the WHOLE game if you dont defend...easy solution..just lose point...shouldent have to resatart the WHOLE game again..you shouldent lose a game by winning..you shuold only lose if you dont capture in time

Whats the point of dying then?

last edited by Max80

When the mod kit releases, I'll be remaking my old Insurgency ruleset.

Namely, when a counterattack happens, bots can only contest it, but not capture.

So, you can leave the bowl of death, get good overwatch, and the team must kill all bots before moving on.

The counterattack on things like Hideout H as Insurgents makes my blood boil. There is no reason to force players to defend an indefensible point in view of the enemy spawn, it's not tactical, it's not fun, it's not conducive to the kind of gameplay players want.

@iggor003 said in checkpoint should be like this:

...you shouldent lose a game by winning..y

But you don't lose a game if you win? What do you mean?

Taking one objective is not "winning". It puts you on the path to success, but shit, you aren't there yet.

@jballou said in checkpoint should be like this:

When the mod kit releases, I'll be remaking my old Insurgency ruleset.

Namely, when a counterattack happens, bots can only contest it, but not capture.

So, you can leave the bowl of death, get good overwatch, and the team must kill all bots before moving on.

That would make Checkpoint far too easy, though. Having to hold awkward angles adds a challenge.

Plus, you should already not be on the objective. The idea is that the team spreads out and forms a perimeter around the objective, not just sit in one room holding a staircase or something.

The counterattack on things like Hideout H as Insurgents makes my blood boil. There is no reason to force players to defend an indefensible point in view of the enemy spawn, it's not tactical, it's not fun, it's not conducive to the kind of gameplay players want.

I mean, the bots don't even call in helicopters on this objective anymore. It really isn't too hard to defend if the AI aren't currently terminators (especially when an AI mans a Dshk; he's blessed by Allah himself with aimbot).

Get a couple team members on the bridge, have a few guys (probably your Commander / Observer for fire support, your Demoman to blow up the techs, and possibly your Marksman for strong, accurate firepower downrange) on the building behind the point and one or two guys watching the river. It's a make-or-break counter and it all depends on the competence of your team, really.

last edited by MarksmanMax

@jballou well hopefully we can do this