XboxOne: Vehicles

TITLE IS MISLEADING.. SHOULD BE:
WHAT MUDRUNNERS SHOULD ADD AND WHY

I am new to owning the Spintires game but I have seen many videos online about rock crawling, trails, ect. with friends.

I am wondering will there be maps added that are somewhat more focused with say mountain trails, Swamps, Sand Pits.

Also with that because the massive log haulers are not ideal at all for rock crawling and the whole nine but rather just hauling product (Wood Logs) will there be an addition / DLC of Jeeps, K5 Blazers, (Everyday vehicle that has some upgrades to perform better in the the terrain)

I am all for the heavy hauling once in awhile but its fun to go trail riding, mud bogging or getting really stuck and get your friends in smaller vehicles as mentioned above to try pull you out with winches in multiplayer.

last edited by Moh_Fancy

And if this falls under "MODS" well Xbox one will be just like Titanfall. Over hyped and will lose alot of players / support real quick as people mentioned in previous posts.

Not to burst your bubble but that's what's thus game is about, mud; and logs.

Highly doubtful xbox will ever see what youre looking for. Maybe next installment, but I wouldn't get hopes up.

@mudrunnerr50 Yes I understand that is what the basis of the game is. But to be successful and have people to come back for more they will require these additions in the game sooner than later. The only thing that will hold people in the play more of the game is the co-op and new maps to explore which will get stale within a few weeks or month(s).

To for a game that has great potential to be successful on Consoles it will require DLC or "MODS". It is proven in the Spintires series, they have a lot of people playing the game strictly off of modders making the game more relatable to real life. Also with the fact they keep the game fresh.

Keeping the game fresh with new vehicles and maps is a given. It makes the game new again. It brings a new play style as I mentioned in my first post.

The people are loving the physics of the terrain so why not give them more to keep them hooked to the game. Such as Rock crawling, Mug Bogs, and Trail riding. After all what is it you see the most posted about the game on YouTube and other media sites? Not the stale log runs but rather the multiplayer footage of friends pulling friends out of ruts with their 3/4 Ton or 1 Ton trucks.

Also if they can't add in MODS they can increase revenue by selling vehicle and map acks as the Forza series did.

Take successful mods people made for previous Spintires on PC and replicate them into the console versions. Through DLC so the difficulty of allowing MODS is removed.

@moh_fancy
They already said they'll be supporting this game for the long run with dlc. So, your post still doesn't mean much..

@mudrunnerr50 "Long run" is vague, This could mean 6 months to a year away. By then this game will be forgotten and taken over with the new hot releases. The only people who will come back for the DLC will be those who keep tabs on it. By then most of the community will be gone and the game will be forgotten.

Many of good franchises have released to console platforms from PC and they do not get quite the same amount of support from console due to the fact that PC games can be easily modified from downloading from places such as Steam Workshop.

I also understand what they said in "The first goal of the team at Saber is to bring the Spintires experience to consoles in a new improved version."

But what they should also understand is this quote.
"Presentations are not about the presenter; They're about the audience and what the audience needs..."

Which I translate is as its not about "Releasing the best possible base game" just so Spintires is on the map for console. But rather release a game that the audience (Customers / Gamers) wants. Sure they want a SpinTires game for Console but look all over the forums its everywhere. Everyone is asking for mods on console, asking for extras, knowing full well that the game will be dull very quickly because this game will excel for few groups of people... Those who enjoy tedious, slow, repetitive games. Or if they just enjoy the simulation of driving through the Siberian landscape.

@moh_fancy said in XboxOne: Vehicles:

@mudrunnerr50 "Long run" is vague, This could mean 6 months to a year away. By then this game will be forgotten and taken over with the new hot releases. The only people who will come back for the DLC will be those who keep tabs on it. By then most of the community will be gone and the game will be forgotten.

Many of good franchises have released to console platforms from PC and they do not get quite the same amount of support from console due to the fact that PC games can be easily modified from downloading from places such as Steam Workshop.

I also understand what they said in "The first goal of the team at Saber is to bring the Spintires experience to consoles in a new improved version."

"Presentations are not about the presenter; They're about the audience and what the audience needs..."

Which I translate is as its not about "Releasing the best possible base game" just so Spintires is on the map for console. But rather release a game that the audience (Customers / Gamers) wants. Sure they want a SpinTires game for Console but look all over the forums its everywhere. Everyone is asking for mods on console, asking for extras, knowing full well that the game will be dull very quickly because this game will excel for few groups of people... Those who enjoy tedious, slow, repetitive games. Or if they just enjoy the simulation of driving through the Siberian landscape.

°sigh° the avergae length any company expects for a console game is a year at best. Anything close or past that is gravy. They know this is a very niche game with a niche audience. And there's a few other games just like this niche wise that are very successful and continue throwing out titles every few years.

The point is, dont complain about something that hasn't even been released yet that you have no idea what or how often the dlc is going to be offered.

Best advice, what to see what happens a few months from now. This game isn't for everyone. And it doesnt take much digging to see the shambles this game was on pc from the previous developer. The fact that its coming back around at all and on consoles is a major feat for this series right now. The price reflects that too.

guess we shall see who the regular players are and who the casual players are. let's just hope this time the casual players do not end up dictating where the game goes.

@8up-local The casual players can turn to the regular players when there is more added.
And so when you say hopefully the casual players don't dictate where the game goes is a bad way to say it.

Those "casual" gamers who more than likely cannot afford a PC saw videos online about the extras the moddding community gives the game and realised the potential that the game can have.

Over 85% of the videos and views online of Spintires series gameplay have been of modded maps, modded vehicles. Maps such as trails, rock crawling, mud bogs, that type of thing. And the vehicles aren't the behemoths that trudge through the mud hauling but those every day Jeeps or trucks because people have more fun doing something as such that is more realistic that can somehow relate to them either through they go for adventures with buddies in the MOAB desert trails. Or just the fact that they want to do the trail rides but they are unable to achieve it in reality someway.

But hey this is my personal take. I also can bet a large percentage of those getting this game will appreciate these additions to the game.

So those "Casual" gamers you call them as mentioned above as a large percentage of those buying the game should have a major influence. They don't require all the resources but just the majority of them if they want to be successful.

@mudrunnerr50 said in XboxOne: Vehicles:

°sigh° the avergae length any company expects for a console game is a year at best. Anything close or past that is gravy. They know this is a very niche game with a niche audience. And there's a few other games just like this niche wise that are very successful and continue throwing out titles every few years.

The point is, dont complain about something that hasn't even been released yet that you have no idea what or how often the dlc is going to be offered.

Best advice, what to see what happens a few months from now. This game isn't for everyone. And it doesnt take much digging to see the shambles this game was on pc from the previous developer. The fact that its coming back around at all and on consoles is a major feat for this series right now. The price reflects that too.

I can agree about the one year length of a game thing. But realize... If you don't give a lot of effort into making people happy and give them what they want then what makes them want to come back for more? They won't come back for more. For example the COD franchise was dying because they were not listening to the MAJORITY of players and sales plummeted. They finally realized and remastered COD 4. Sales jumped again! They listened to the feedback and got their fans back and revenue.

Also I know DLC won't come out real soon from the statement made saying how the main focus was to just have it released to console. They haven't set no goals or timelines showing there is at this time DLC hasn't been a main focus.

In a few months the game will be dead as stated in many posts by console players. Unless they listen to the feedback and make a move on it quickly. By the way they make it sound MODS are a tedious thing to implement. And DLC is not a main focus

I really will enjoy playing this game for sometime and I hope for the best because it is somewhat relatable to what I do in reality and not trying to tear the game down but there needs to be more than just hauling logs back and forth and odd missions that you need to stick to a trail to complete.

A BIG sandbox map with a few friends with trails and such for Jeeps, trucks, and stations around the map to get fuel, repairs and switch vehicles seems more pleasing than hauling logs back and forth in the same behemoths on the same couple trails. Am I wrong?

Seriously, stop complaining about something that hasnt even been released yet. News flash, most games dont project their plans to the world or what the schedule for dlc is going to be. Maybe you need to get a refund if yoube preorderd. You're starting to hate a game you haven't touched yet.

I can agree about the one year length of a game thing. But realize... If you don't give a lot of effort into making people happy and give them what they want then what makes them want to come back for more? They won't come back for more. For example the COD franchise was dying because they were not listening to the MAJORITY of players and sales plummeted. They finally realized and remastered COD 4. Sales jumped again! They listened to the feedback and got their fans back and revenue.

Also I know DLC won't come out real soon from the statement made saying how the main focus was to just have it released to console. They haven't set no goals or timelines showing there is at this time DLC hasn't been a main focus.

In a few months the game will be dead as stated in many posts by console players. Unless they listen to the feedback and make a move on it quickly. By the way they make it sound MODS are a tedious thing to implement. And DLC is not a main focus

I really will enjoy playing this game for sometime and I hope for the best because it is somewhat relatable to what I do in reality and not trying to tear the game down but there needs to be more than just hauling logs back and forth and odd missions that you need to stick to a trail to complete.

A BIG sandbox map with a few friends with trails and such for Jeeps, trucks, and stations around the map to get fuel, repairs and switch vehicles seems more pleasing than hauling logs back and forth in the same behemoths on the same couple trails. Am I wrong?

No you're NOT wrong - well said, mate!